Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hunt group prepend on callerID behaviour.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by viennatech, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viennatech

We are running 3CX 14 and have a mix of softphones and hardware phones. (Snom 320,Cisco SPA5xx)

Recently we turned on the option to prepend the hunt group to callerid so that users can see where the call is originating from.
    If I call to the group "CS" it will show different behaviors depending on the CTI mode selected and it seems the most wanted mode does not work.

eg: for each cal test we made followed this procedure, call into IVR, select group "CS" then wait while being connected.

If I am a member of CS and have the 3cx phone set to "inbuilt softphone" i will see callerID as expected
    CS:5551212
    If I am a member of CS and have my Snom320 ring with soptphone in "inbuilt softphone" mode i will see callerID as expected on the phone
    CS:5551212

however, the mode we use mostly, 3cx in CTI mode. The callerid will be just 5551212 on both. So the prepend is somehow lost in CTI mode.

Suggestions so I can get it back?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Do the phones have an internal phonebook they are matching?
    All of our deskphones have all employee cellphones in the phonebook. When an employee calls in, we do not know what line or group they have called, because the deskphone strips the prepend from 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. viennatech

AFAIK they do not have internal phonebooks setup, and we are not using the 3cx global phonebook either.

Seems odd to me that the phone can do the display, just not when in CTI mode. what is the magic here? Assuming there needs to be some signaling between the phone and the 3cx app on the desktop. maybe there is a setting there i can use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.