Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hunt Group Query

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by allanvirr, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allanvirr

I am currently trialling 3CX's PBX and need to understand the funcationality behind the Hunt Ring Strategy.

The manual explains that each extension in the Ring Group will be called in-turn, the first extention will ring for the specified time, then the second and so forth.

My question is will the system go-through the extensions in the same order each time? In a Ring Group of, for example, 3 extensions it would seem unfair that the first extension in the list will ring first each time. I would prefer that the software when processing its first call to start ringing extension 1 and then progress through the other 2 Ring Group member on no-answer. Call 2 should then be routed to extension 2 first then 3 and 1. Finally, the third call should be routed to extension 3 first then onto 1 and 2. It would only be on the fourth call that extension 1 was at the top of the list of extensions to be tried.

I think rival PBXs call this a Round Robin Hunt Group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.