Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Hyper V guest machine so slow!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SteveHubbard, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveHubbard

Guys, need help on this....

Im running server 2008 enterprise with hyper v role. The Guest machine which is running 3CX is Windows XP Pro.

Now this server is ONLY running this guest machine... full spec on ram 3gb for the guest machine.

Now i dont understand but its sooooo slow, click a button and it takes 2 mins to aknowledge it! I have nothing else but 3CX on it. I cant work out whats the problem.

Processes are running normal (nothing peaking that shouldnt be) CPU fine too

Anyone else had issues running it on 64Bit Server 2008 Enterprise (With Hyper V)

2. SteveHubbard

ok i got fed up so install server 2008 standard with IIS as per the guide on the site.. runs a dream when installed!

BUT

79 updates needed to be installed so did this and NOW its back to being on its arse! sooooo slow again!?!?!

Is there an MS update that needs to be removed???

3. mart3cx

Hi,

i have the same problem. 2 Minutes to start and i don't know why.

Regards
    M

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Upgrade it to 7Pro or 2008R2 web edition.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes - usepmtimer problem

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/voice-quality-hyperv-vmware/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SteveHubbard

ok it seems to be ok now... after a reboot IIS hung but quick reboot after more updates everything seems to be fine.

I have set the virtual processers to 1 as the image below shows and all is good (SO FAR) there is another problem now with DECT phones that we have connected via a Draytek router regarding volume diffrence between internal and external calls but will raise another topic on that one....

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.