I can hear people I call but they cannot hear me

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by arseagon, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arseagon

I'm having a problem with a 3CX system set up to use rynga.com. I'm using a Cisco SPA 303 phone and when I make a call through the 3CX system to outside numbers I can hear the person on the other side but they cannot hear me.

I have the 2nd line on the SPA 303 set to connect to rynga directly and this works perfectly for calls, also I have run the firewall checker on 3CX and it passes this. What setting could I be missing on the 3CX server?

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Have you ran the firewall checker? That would be a good place to star. Have you forwarded the ports on the router?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. arseagon

As I said in my original post I have ran the firewall checker and it passes this. The ports are also forwarded correctly.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The bottom line is that an RTP (Voice) stream is not being received by 3CX. This is typically due to a firewall issue or a setup in what the SIP provider wants to see and will react to. While you indicate the checker passes, this is not a sure fire, save all test.

If you are familiar with Wireshark, then you may be able to see how the traffic flow is being handled. You can also try the verbose mode of logging within 3CX.

Keep in mind that you indicated that you have a SPA 303 with one account for 3CX and the other account set to the Rynga directly. The implication is that you have two devices (3CX & the SPA) each with its own private IP; yet one firewall with (presumably) one set of porting rules for the SIP and the RTP which are being ported to one private IP (3CX). However, the SPA may be using a different set of RTP ports and using uPnP to manage the firewall.

I suggest that a couple of things -

1. Deactivate the 2nd account with the SPA. It could be that rynga does not allow multiple registrations. We only want to work with the 3CX side of things.

2. Once deactivated, refresh the registration from 3CX and see if the registration is recognized. I also suggest waiting an hour or so and then check again to see if still registered. I do not know what re-registration periods may have been initially established, so the wait is simply to give the rynga system time to flush and renew using only the registration from 3CX.

I guess the first question is, how is rynga set in 3CX? I did not notice a template for them, so I assume not a supported provider (does not mean that it won't or can't work, just that it may take a little fiddling). If PBX delivers audio is not checked, you might try this and see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.