I can recieve but I can't place calls on BroadVoice???

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good evening,

I have 2 broadvoice lines and 1 Vitelity line.
    I just added the broadvoice lines to the system and the vitelity line has been in place for a while.

Currently I can recive calls fine on the broadvoice lines but I can't call out.
    When I attempt to call out on the Broadvoice lines I get a fast busy signal and then the call disconects.
    I can recieve and call out on the Vitelity line ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
    Ralph

2. Ralph

Ralph Member

Any ideas at all?

When I attempt to call the server status shows the following message:

09:48:04.185 StratInOut::eek:nCancel [CM104008] Call(9): Call from Ext.201 to xxxxxxx terminated; cause: 415 Unsupported Media Type; from IP:xxx.xxx.xx.xxx

The IP is the broadcom IP.

Anyone?

3. Ralph

Ralph Member

I've narrowed this down.

OK, I've narrowed this down.

I connected the phone to another server and it can send and recieve calls using the same BroadVoice lines just fine.

I also connected a softphone (X-Lite) to the problem server. It recieves calls ok but when I attempt to make a call it comes up with the same error (Unsupported Media Type).

The problem is definitely at the server. All the ports are wide open, everthing else appears to work fine including the Vitelity line I have going to it.

I copied all the settings that work on the second server to the problem server and that did not solve the problem. I deleted and recreated the problem lines and the extensions I am using. I have restarted the services and the server several times.

Given the nature of the error it appears that this is a problem with the software. Has anyone else run into somthing similar? Searching the forums hasn't yielded any results so far.

So what do you think? Should I just throw in the towel, uninstall and reinstall 3cx or what? Although I'm not sure what good that would do since the Vitelity line still works fine. Its only the Broadvoice ones I am having trouble with. Wierd isn't it?

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Try to configure PBX to use only PCMU and PCMA CODECs with this provider.

5. Ralph

Ralph Member

Changing the codecs doesnt seem to help

Thanks Sy,

I have changed the codecs around a variety of ways and it doesnt seem to make a difference.

This has really got me stumped.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not know what it means, this media type error. It can be the codecs like SY mentioned.

PCM = G711

Alternative have a look that your ports and traffic are able to use UDP, we are using UDP traffic. See if you have that protocol installed and if you have a firewall that the UDP ports are open not the TCP, you also can use TCP/UDP.

Not sure if it is relevant, but check your cable run to make sure it is all ok. Should not really effect it but Twisted pair is something funny and it does not like to run or lay ontop of power lines.

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Can X-lite(eyeBeam) make a call using this BroadVoice account?

8. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning

The firewall is wide open for this server.

X-Lite and the Polycom ip 501 phones have the same error when attempting to call out. Calling out from the server using the Vitelity line works fine for all phones. Just can't call out using the BroadVoice lines.

All the phones work fine on the other test 3cx server using the BroadVoice lines. Seems to be a problem with this specific server.

9. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Re: Good morning

specific server means 3CX phone system installation or specific BroadVoice server?

Do you see log message like "Possible firewall problem"?
    Could you please post content of 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file here?

10. Ralph

Ralph Member

Additional information

Good evening,

When I said specific server I was referring to the 3cx server.

I built another 3cx server from the ground up, set up the BroadVoice Lines, and had the exact same results when I try to call out.

I noticed that the registration gives the IP of my firewall in the server logs instead of the public IP for the 3cx server itself. It is obtaining it via stun server. Since I have a public IP for the 3cx server are there other settings I should be using? I'm wondering if the fact that it is using the firewall IP instead of the actual server public IP which is wide open, if that may be the cause of the problem?

What do you think?

Thanks again,

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ahh,

This might explain some things.

Your phones will be on a different subnet than your 3CX server (I assume). So you need to do NAT translatione between your phones and your 3CX server which has an public IP address.

When you talk about your firewall, is that a software firewall? Something like ISA?

I made the assumption that your network is like:

Inernet --->3cx ---->firewall -----> Internalnetwork ---->phones.

Or something like that.

Do you have a manual I can have a look at for your phones? It might be that you have to use a inbound and outbound proxy.

At the moment you have 3CX as your Proxy, but what do you have as your gateway (in the phones)? Can you set something up like that in the phones?

Drop me a manual and Ill have a look.

12. Ralph

Ralph Member

Clarification on the network setup

Some clarification on the network setup.

The phones and the pbx are on the same subnet.

The network looks like this:

Internet -> Firewall -> 3CX Server -> Phones

The 3CX server has a Public IP which is set to forward everything through the firewall to the 3CX server. The ports for the 3CX server are wide open right now.

I just finished setting the "Which IP to use in Contact field for registration to the public IP. This resulted in not being to send or recieve calls. What is funny is the line is registered ok.

So anyhow I set the server back to normal. Here are the log entries from the latest try to call outbound:

10:15:18.179 CallConf::Rejected [CM103005] Call(7) is rejected: Unsupported Media Type
    10:15:18.179 StratInOut::eek:nCancel [CM104008] Call(7): Call from Ext.201 to xxxxxxx terminated; cause: 415 Unsupported Media Type; from IP:147.135.12.221
    10:15:17.829 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(7): Incoming call from 201 (Ext.201) to sip:xxxxxxx@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    10:15:03.633 ClientRegs::eek:nSuccess [CM113005] Registration of sip:xxxxxxxxxx@sip.broadvoice.com is successful
    10:15:03.233 ExtLine::Register [CM110004] Send registration for <sip:xxxxxxxxxx@sip.broadvoice.com>
    10:15:03.233 ExtLine::Register [CM110001] Use External IP for device line registration DN='10000' device='BV1'
    10:15:03.223 StunClient::process [CM115002] STUN resolved external IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx by server 80.239.235.209

Any ideas?

Thanks again

13. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Re: Clarification on the network setup

Install X-lite (eyebeam) on the host where PBX is running and configure X-lite (eyebeam) to use problematic BroadVoice account. Then try to make call using this account from X-lite(eyeBeam) (direct, without PBX). Does it work?

14. Ralph

Ralph Member

Still trying

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately the server that 3CX is installed on doesn't have any audio devices attached to it. So X-Lite won't run on it.

I solved the IP issue and Broadvoice is registering with the correct public IP for the 3CX server. However this didn't fix anything.

I am running out of ideas and BroadVoice doesn't seem to be helpful aside from saying it must be somthing configured on the pbx. Funny how the Vitelity line works rain or shine on the same pbx.

Any suggestions re my problem or other VOIP providers I should be looking at for myself and our clients?

Thanks again

15. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Also check this post -
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1228

16. Ralph

Ralph Member

Problem Solved !!

Problem solved

Check the post below:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1228

17. Discovery Technology

I experienced a similar issue myself in testing Cisco and SNOM phones.

Interestingly enough, whilst the SNOM phones were reporting unsupported media type when trying to make outbound calls, the Cisco phones appeared to be able to make outbound calls with no issues.

After much hunting around, including running up a second server from scratch and checking possibly every setting on the SNOM phones I was finally able to reproduce the issue.

In the ëdit VoIP provider"area, under provider capabilities I had switched on supports reinvite and supports replaces header at some stage during my testing earlier in the day. By switching both of these off (and re-registering the line) my problem with the SNOM phones was resolved. This could have been a VoIP provider-specific issue, or possibly something to do with the phones themselves (SNOM 320 and 370 running version 7.0 firmware).

Either way, by switching these off in the VoIP provider settings, the unsupported media type issue was sorted out.