• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

I can't access 3cx management console through my Dynamic public IP or FQDN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezhw93

Free User
Reaction score
Hello dears,

I newly got introduced to 3cx, I am interested in what they have to offer. So I planned to to give it a try before I tell my company about it so we can migrate.

I have installed the 3cx on a raspberry pi 4, and followed networkcheck instructions on Youtube. Now I have a problem, I can not access my 3cx management console through my Dynamic public IP, or through the FQDN, can someone help and tell me what is the problem?

Is it because I have a dynamic public IP?

The only way I can access the console is through my local IP address. And I can't provision my mobile phone [android] with the 3cx app because it says " 3cx webserver might be unreachable or not reachable from your location."

I'm new to this, so I appreciate any sort of help.

Thank you.

First thing I would recommend is making sure that the required Ports have been forwarded on your firewall: https://www.3cx.com/docs/ports/

Has this been done?

You could have multiple issues here, have you told 3CX that it is in fact a dynamic IP address, on the dashboard does it say Dynamic.
Secondly, if the ports are forwarded correctly can you access it externally from a different network i.e if your external IP is 2.2.2.2 trying to get to that from the network behind that address sometimes gets blocked by routers, try using your mobiles internet instead of WiFi

Firewall check passed?

may I advise to just spin up a version in our hosting, this ensures that all settings are done correctly?
You can start there, check it out and you can still relocate it later to a local install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.