I Can't Change The Ring Group Settings... Not Resolved

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JCLloyd, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

It looked like my changes took, last night. This morning, the Ring Group is back to the way it was before I made my changes. The backups ran about 3 hours after I did the edit. I can't make a single change from either account. I can't even delete the Ring Group.

Any Super User ideas welcome! It is time for me to move up from novice...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

I may be onto something, but I don't know yet what it means... "No DID/DDIs to Assign"...

I was able to delete the Ring Group, but could not assign a DID/DDI to it. That was not showing up when I was trying to modify the Ring Group, earlier.

I did a restore from last night's backup, and I am back to where I keep ending up. I am in the working Ring Group, and need to swap myself out with another user.

It looks to me that this would be pointing to a possible SIP issue, but I am still learning, hunting and pecking.

I look forward to some insightful knowledge from a great swami out there!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. that1guy

DIDs are Direct Inward Dialing numbers. In my experience, these are assigned to extensions to avoid calling the "main" phone number, where automated prompts are present. Not always the case, but that's how I've used them. What are you looking to do with the ring groups?

4. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Thanks for the reply, That1Guy... It is currently picking up the primary DID for our SIP trunk and ringing a group of phones. If no one picks up, the IVR kicks in with prompts. That is working fine.

What isn't working is my ability to change the Ring Group to take me out or add another user. Clicking the OK button just jumps to the bottom of the edit page.

I thought I had a permissions issue with the default Admin account, last night. I logged in with my extension, and thought I had made my changes. But, this morning shows it didn't take. Neither account can make changes.

My account deleted the Ring Group, this morning. I recreated the Ring Group, but got the message that no DID/DDI was available to assign (**). I restored from last night's backup, and I am back to having a working Ring Group that I cannot manage.

Since I last edited the ring group, about 4 weeks ago, there have been 3CX updates (including SP2), as well as several Windows 10 updates. I haven't changed any GPOs that would affect this computer, but it doesn't mean that I don't need to configure a setting that is otherwise undefined. I may have made a change that I didn't realize affected something, too. I am debating pulling our 3rd party anti-virus, but I need to configure the Defender settings in GPO before proceeding on that.

I am sure I am overthinking this, but with about 9 weeks of 3CX under my belt, I am sure I haven't quite learned exactly where I should be focusing. I appreciate any direction I can get!

(**) - EDIT UPDATE: The Ring Group I initially set up has the primary and failover DIDs in it. They are not available to add to any other Ring Group, or when I tried to recreate the Ring Group. they were available when I went through the manual and set things up, originally.

#4 JCLloyd, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  5. that1guy

I could be wrong, but it sounds like a permissions issue to me. I would recommend checking Rights for your extension and verifying you have all of the System Management boxes enabled.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may also be the particular browser (or settings within the browser) you are using.

7. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

That1Guy:
    . I am thinking the same thing about permissions. I am logged in with the administrator account I created, and it doesn't have an extension.
    . My extension seems to only be missing the Parameters permission, and it looked like it worked last night. I checked my extension options, but did not see the System Management you mentioned. I turned on all the rights, except for "Barge in".
    -
    Leejor:
    . I went through Windows 10 with Edge & Chrome, on both my new PC & the PBX. Then, I went to a Server 2012R2 system and used both IE11 & Chrome. I get the same thing. Chrome should be the defacto for 3CX.

I feel like I changed something without knowing what it would do, but I can't seem to stumble across what it may have been. One has to appreciate the learning curves, as long as there is learning and a resolution!

Thanks for the ideas, both of you.

8. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Something about the IVR (Digital Receptionist)...
    {Edited} I pulled a lot of words that suddenly didn't mean squat...

I suddenly realized that my "first and only" Digital Receptionist (Ext 8000) was showing HOL for the extension number. Holiday mode? I can't delete it. I cannot point my Ring Groups to it, so I created a couple more... One for Open and one for closed. That was my intent, anyway, but I had not passed finishing the open one.

So, those two IVRs are assignable to my ring groups. I am not sure what I did there, but there it is. I need to find out if the HOL is really a holiday menu and go from there

Let me know if I am understanding the process, properly, before closing this one. I appreciate all the feedback. I am one step closer to becoming more than a novice!

Oh, what a newbie can do...:)>)

#8 JCLloyd, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The HOL IVR cannot be deleted and yes is a Holiday IVR, you can't though route to it from another user-created entity. Only the system can route calls to it based on the Holiday settings under Settings. This is valid for V15.5 SP2, in previous version you could.

JCLloyd likes this.
  10. JCLloyd

JCLloyd New Member

Nick, thank you for clarifying that for me. That explains why I was able to set up a Digital Assistant IVR on extension 8000 and program it the way I did, back in October. I didn't notice that the system modified it to HOL, until I started moving onto the process of setting the PBX up to go into production.
    . If your engineers were not aware that a configuration without an HOL would have one of their IVRs reassigned to become one, let them know. Either my v15.5-SP0 initial install did not correctly assign one during install, or v15.5-SP2 reassigned mine.

-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.