I can't close an inbound Sip Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by geogeogr, Jun 7, 2007.

1. geogeogr

Hello

One more problem. When I first set up the 3cx PBX system, I had a call from PSTN (through SPA-3000) redirected to a Softphone extension. After I Hangup, the SPA-3000 Kept the connection open, so I had to power down the Sipura.

Now, I had the same problem with an incoming SIP call. I set up an automatic wakeup function from an external sip. It called me, and was redirected to a Call Ring Group, I answered through the SPA-3000 connected line this time (Also registered as extension through the "Line 1" function) and although I hangup after 10-12 seconds, 3cx server log STILL shows that the Sipura 3000 extension 2002 is Open, and also that the connection with the outside SIP is open for 40 minutes. :(

So the first time, although the extension was closed (i closed the softphone) it kept on getting Yellow. Now the same happened with sipura.

Can I somehow fix this? It's 42 minutes now... :oops: And I don't want to need to reset the Service each time...

EDIT: Even if I unplug the sipura, or Cut the Internet connection to the 3CX server, still the same. Both sip and extension apear Yellow, and counter goes on...

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

I think this problem is related to using external IP on local net, or vice versa. If your device is in local network - don't mark it 'external' in advanced options. It is applied to phones as well as to PSTN gateways.

3. geogeogr

Unfortunately...

The linksys spa3000 device is not set as External, so this part is ok. Both External and Bind to Media Server are unchecked.

Also, the "Supports Re-Invite" is checked, if this makes a sense.

One hour ago, I had an incoming PSTN call to spa-3000. It was forwarded to a Receptionist, then Back to spa-3000 connected as an Extension this time (Line 1 sip). I answered the call, ended the call from my part, and now I saw that the line has been open for over an hour, once again. :(

EDIT: I just saw that because of a mistake, although the PSTN (line) is Not set as External, I had set the spa-3000 sip Line 1 (connected to 3cx extension) as an External line. So since what you said applies to both phones and gateways, this may solve the problem. I will check it out and reply.

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Have you answered it by PSTN phone or SIP phone? I still can not gat a picture of your configuration.

5. geogeogr

I made an edit on the previous post.

About your question: I have set up spa-3000 as a double device. It both works as a PSTN gateway Line, And as an extension connected to a normal analog phone. So it rings on extension 2002, and also works as a line on internal number 90001.

So ringing on PSTN forwards to a Receptionist, and either proceeds to Mailbox, or transfers the call to a Ring Group, to which 2002 is Also a member.

I don't know if i explain it better now.

The thing is, PSTN LINE was not set as external as proposed, and 2002 extension WAS set as External, although the sip details set on spa-3000 for the extension is under ip 192.168.1.7

6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Ok, so now it works, isn't it?

7. geogeogr

I hope so. I tried calling from my mobile phone, using the same duration as when the problem apeared, and the the Hangup was OK.

I will provide more information If (hopefully not) it apears again. I will also try with the Sip that I had problem with, yesterday.

Thanks again. :)

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This sounds like a problem with Call Progress detection. Note that the Linksys/Sipura comes with US tone settings. If you are not in the US you might have to tweak these tone settings there so that it detects a hang up, a busy tone or a dial tone.

Check this site, it has a database of call progress tones for the whole world and even the exact parameter to type into the Linksys device. (click on the linksys link for that)

http://www.3amsystems.com/wireline/tone-search.htm

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Appart from the call progress tones (like Nick mentioned) it can also to do with the line voltage.

But try the Call Progress Tones first.

Ps.
    Search is your friend, there are several posts on this issue......

10. geogeogr

Thank you both. ;)

Yes, the truth is I have been searching this settings a lot a year now, so everything is set up for my country. I wasn't aware, though, of that 3am site which seems cool about this stuff. After all, it seems that it was the 'sip' connected device extension on the spa3000 which I set as external by mistake and not the PSTN gateway itself. Funny thing is, if a device Is external and I don't set it as one, the modem freezes as mentioned, so I'm more afraid of that (when being away) than of the line staying open.

Also, congrats for your Greek version of the 3cx site.

Thumbs up,
    George.