I could use a little help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Daniel.W, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Daniel.W

Let me explain what I need to do

!. I need to install a gateway in our main office that will allow for 24 analog phones and 6 pstn lines. I am currently looking at the Patton 4900

2. I have a VPM installed to all our branch offices and will be using a linsky adapter to connect to the network. IP phones won't work for me as the alarm systems also need to be connected via analog.

3. I need to install a PC based PBX software program to controll the movements. Of course 3CX is my first choice but I am not sure which model I need. The free addition allows for unlimited extensions and the second addition only allows 25. What I don't know is what is counted as an extension. Do all the branch office locations count as an extension or only the analog connections in the main office?

4. If I install the free edition for testing can I upgrade to the pro eddition without losing my configurations?

5. Is there a better way to do this or am I on the right track?

You can email me direct at daniel.w@bicentenariogcb.com

I thank you in advance for any inputs you may have

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mate happy to help but here is a tip for ya.

Look if there is a partner in the area where you are. For sure they are happy to help you with your enquiries. Nothing stopping you to post on the forums but often a phone call is quicker.

I get a fair few during the day and that seem faster.

Also remove your email from the post, people can contact you via PM it is saver.

It is up to you, but these forums are indexed by Google so some "pricks" will search for emails to spam you with all sorts of stuff you never heard off and problably do not want to know about. Just FYI.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your interest. Here an answer to your questions

!. I need to install a gateway in our main office that will allow for 24 analog phones and 6 pstn lines. I am currently looking at the Patton 4900

> That would be a good choice. Especially in the new build configuration of the patton is much easier.

2. I have a VPM installed to all our branch offices and will be using a linsky adapter to connect to the network. IP phones won't work for me as the alarm systems also need to be connected via analog.

You will need to use FXS adapters

3. I need to install a PC based PBX software program to controll the movements. Of course 3CX is my first choice but I am not sure which model I need. The free addition allows for unlimited extensions and the second addition only allows 25. What I don't know is what is counted as an extension. Do all the branch office locations count as an extension or only the analog connections in the main office?

Each phone is an extension. Furthermore, each digital receptionist or ring group you create is counted as an extension soo.

4. If I install the free edition for testing can I upgrade to the pro eddition without losing my configurations?

Yes, you can.

5. Is there a better way to do this or am I on the right track?

I would recommend going via a reseller. Get them to help you install it.