I dont know where to even start

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by viraltechnology, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viraltechnology

We are working on a idea using CFD. We have two support queues tier 1 and tier 2. Tier2 is under untilized. We would like 75 % of calls to support to go to tier 1 and 25% to go to tier 2. I asked support about this and they said no, we can not do that default out of the box but suggested CFD may be able to help. I have downloaded and installed it on my pc. I have no idea what C3 expression to use any suggestions or perhaps good resources? we dont have to do percentages, if I can say 75 out of 100 calls to support will go to tier 1 and 25 will go to tier 2 thats fine as well. or 1 out of 4 calls....

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @viraltechnology,

You can do this very easily with the CFD. Create a new project, add a "Create a condition" component to the callflow, and configure it with 2 branches. For the Condition of the first branch, you can use the following expression, so it's executed 75% of the times:
    Code:
    new Random().Next(100) < 75
    Leave the condition of the second branch empty, so it's executed when the first condition is not met.

Then, in the first branch add a Transfer component and configure it to send the call to tier 1. And do the same for the second branch, sending the call to tier 2.

Finally, build the project, create a new empty queue without agents, upload the CFD app to this new queue, and route your inbound calls to this CFD queue.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    viraltechnology likes this.
  3. viraltechnology

I will try this today! Thank you.

4. viraltechnology

@er
    We just finished testing and this works like a charm!! thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.