• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

I don't see see any phones under the 'Phones' node

Status
Not open for further replies.

howie099

Reaction score
I am new to using this software PBX coming for using FreePBX so I hope I got this all right. First I am doing this setup in VMware workstation 10 which might be the issue since it does only list Vsphere 5.x. For some reason the YealinkT28's phones won't show up on the list. I have tried 2 phones and I have the required firmware. I even tried to config manually and I have no luck either. I am using Server 2012 R2 on VMWare Workstation 10 for now. Any help would be great.

What error are you seeing in the server activity log when attempting to register the Yealink?

Hello howie,

For the t28, ensure that you are on updated 2.71.0.168 and you provision your phones by the plug and play functionality . Refer to link below for further details. Moreover, you may check to see if the phones been black listed. Settings >> Blacklist

http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-t20p-t22p-t26p-t28p/

I will take a look when I get in. I do have one phone with that firmware and the other with a newer version to check. I don't see anything in the log if I a logging in the right place. I just tried this software yesterday for the first time since I need a product that works good with CBeyond SIP.

Hi Howie,

You may also check to see if your router is blocking Multicast.

The phones are local in the office on the network. So I don't think the firewall/router should be coming in to play..

howie099 said:
The phones are local in the office on the network. So I don't think the firewall/router should be coming in to play..

You may want to do a factory reset on the phones to strip out any freepbx or manual config that could cause the PNP not to work nicely. Then when the phone shows up in the PNP list under phones, upgrade to the supported 3cx firmware and then provision the phone to the extension you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.