I finally managed to configure a Zultys 2x1 (2x2) sip phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by needle, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. needle

hi there,

I almost went bananas and lost any hope but unexpectedly this afternoon I had an idea that solved the issue: the phone now works like a charm!!!

I won't bother with details, I will just give the config, I suggest to proceed to a complete factory reset before starting:

1 - go to "Protected Settings" -> "SIP Communications" and set:
    the IP of your pbx in "Proxy Address"
    "Yes" in "Register with Proxy"
    your extension password in "Proxy password"
    "1800" in "Registration Expires" and "Subscription Expires"
    2 - go to "Protected Settings" -> "Names and Numbers" and set:
    your extension # in "Device ID"
    the IP of your pbx in "Domain"
    the mailbox extension in "Voice Mail"
    3 - ENJOY YOUR ZULTYS 2X1 OR 2X2 SIP PHONE!!!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: I finally managed to configure a Zultys 2x1 (2x2) sip ph

It is unfortunate that some SIP device makers choose to use different terminology for the same data fields. Glad you got it working.

3. rancho

The 2x1 is virtually the same as the 2P of which I have acquired 6 never used devices. I have had no success configuring these either with 3CX or direct to SipGate. I followed these instructions and the phones only work for incoming calls, either from outside or from another extension. When I try to dial out I get the reorder tone and 'error' displayed. It was just the opposite when configuring for SipGate, the phone dials out fine, but nothing happens when I call in.

Like I said I followed these instructions to the tee to no avail. It's time to dump these on ebaY unless anyone can shed some light.
    :evil:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rancho

I did a little more investigating. Turns out that every time I rebooted the phone, my settings for 'domain' under 'names and numbers' kept getting overwritten. This was due to using DHCP. So I disabled DHCP in the settings, assigned a static IP, reassigned the PBX Ip to 'domain', saved and rebooted. That did the trick. The phone now makes and receives calls flawlessly.

I'm a happy camper now.
    :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.