Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

i hear only fragments of conversations - spa3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tugi2o, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugi2o

Hello,

sometimes it happens that i can hear only fragments of the conversation.

I use the latest V8 beta with Voip Phone 4.0.8913.0. The problem did also exist at latest version 6.

I use a SPA3102 Gateway (configured like described from 3CX), which is in my network. My Network speed is very high (1GBit/s) and the network itself is surely not overloaded.

Do you have any idea?

Tugi2o

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There has to be a bottleneck in your network at some point. Do you use a hub, router, switch? Speed to the internet isn't an issue since the calls are going out on a gateway. What codec are you using?

3. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Sounds like it could be a duplex issue, Make sure all of your network devices are running full duplex and at maximum speed. If your using cisco hardware, you may need to force it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tugi2o

we are using dell switches PowerConnect 5448 - i'm sure they are fast enough.

where can i see the codec? is it in the configuration of the spa3102? it's the same as described by 3cx: SPA3102: Audio Configuration: Preferred Codec: G711u

VOICE / SETTINGS / PSTN LINE:
    [​IMG]
    is this oK?

5. Tugi2o

Do you mean those settings here? They are all @full duplex...on each port
    [​IMG]

6. discovery1

discovery1 Member

I've seen issues where a switchport was set at 1Gbps or Auto at the Switch end and the device was only 100Mbps, the switch was a Dell Powerconnect as well. Try setting the switchport that has the 3102 connected to it to 100M full duplex to match the SPA3102 and see if it makes any difference.
    For a Cisco device try disabling portfast as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. discovery1

discovery1 Member

I see from your port settings you are also at half-duplex - that is your issue right there.

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi Tugi2o,

To be sure that it is not an interoperability issue, please provide the 3CXMediaserver.trace.log for a call which has this problem with audio.
    To get clean log: Set Log level to "Verbose" in management console, restart media server when PBX is in idle (no active calls), whait for 5-10 seconds and then replicate the problematic call scenario.

Thanks

9. Tugi2o

Hello @ll,

Thanks you for your help :) i'll test all your proposals, but this will take a lot of time cause i'll be out of office for a few weeks...

10. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

At half duplex only one side can stream data at once, hence the lack of multiway audio.

11. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Get a professional gateway and you will have better results....

12. Tugi2o

Can you give me some example models, which are better?

13. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

The Linksys is not necessarily bad but it can require updating tones sets and echo settings and therefore support from Linksys.

Easier to config models - Grandstream GXW 4104, Patton - see our list...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.