I used PBX Express to install on AWS, can I now move it to my own ESXi?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by checkinyyz, Mar 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. checkinyyz

Hi everyone,

We used the PBX Express to install our 16 channel professional edition onto AWS and just used one of the free xxxx.3cx.miami type domains. We now run ESXi hosted by our ISP on their data centre so I'd like to move 3CX there but just wondering the proper process or if it's even possible? I am okay with changing the free domain if I need to (I'd actually prefer this if at all possible, or could use my own domain name) but just wasn't sure how to do this.

I remember trying before but not having it work and I can't remember why, I think due to the FQDN or something not sure entirely. Just wondering if someone can let me know the proper procedure. I tried this guide here https://www.3cx.com/docs/moving-to-new-machine/ but there is no "Activate Licence" under settings, just Licence, and in there there's no button that says anything about changing it to Free version to deactivate. I just don't want to run into the issue where it says I've installed it on too many machines and get locked out. Thanks!

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @checkinyyz

If you want to migrate the PBX to a new machine and want to keep the license and FQDN then do the following:
    1. Take a full back up of the PBX without including the licence and FQDN
    2. Move the back up to a safe location.
    3. Uninstall the PBX
    4. Install the PBX to the new machine
    5. Restore back up during installation
    6. When prompted enter the same licence.
    7. Same FQDN will be used as licence is bound to it. If you want to use a different FQDN then release it from the ERP before installation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.