ICS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giovanni0826, Jun 9, 2007.

1. giovanni0826

i am testing ICS with my PBX server. two NIC's one public and one private. the private is set up as my interface to extensions and my public is set up to share the connection. any one know of any issues with this set up?

2. John2007

As I was told, 3CX only support run on 1 NIC system. I tried on a multiple NICs system and had problems.

3. giovanni0826

What were some of the problems

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All depends what you and how you do it I guess. In theory it can all work.

What windows flavour are you running?

Normally we refer to these kind of configurations Internal, External and DMZ. You only do internal and external. Question is are they on the same lan segment or are they on different segments?

Further you have to route/proxy this brings you in the scenarios you can do nice with ISA etc.

As long as you give all your phones the address of your internal you be ok for internal calls and route correctly to external using your route your setup on your box.

What I would recommend is to give the internal NiC priority of the External NiC but that is pritty much all. If you can get 3CX to register you VoIP you will be ok.

One of the scenarios I build at some stage was 3 NiC's, 3 different network segments (Internal, External and DMZ) using ISA.

All the 3CX toy's (ATA, Phones, Server) where on the same network segment (Internal) and it worked very well.
    My Lines where external (VoIP and PSTN).

5. giovanni0826

i'm running Windows standard server 2003 r2.
    NIC 1 is a public static ip and is set for ICS.
    NIC 2 is a private static and all phones are connected to this segment.
    my phones are Budgetone 200. Accounts are configured for Sip server to the Private and outgoing proxy is set for the public. NO DHCP.

The original was to deploy this config in hopes to remove the beeps. NO JOY. I guess i have to wait for the new release.