Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

I'd love a .wav of Nortel hold beeps

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cgallery, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgallery

You know those beeps a Nortel system plays while someone is on hold? I've love a wav of those beeps. Music on hold just isn't my thing. Anyone got some Nortel hold beeps?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You might have more luck in a Nortel forum. It's not something that can be downloaded off a Meridian system, someone would have to take the time to record them for you.
    I personally don't like them, but can understand that they can be more popular, especially if one member of a conference call goes on-hold, everyone else doesn't have to listen to music.

3. cgallery

Found one:

http://university-music-on-hold.com/store/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=beep+tone

It is two beeps, followed by 15 seconds of silence. 3CX loops it. Can't tell the difference between this and the Nortel system I had previously.

It is free. You have to go through the checkout, but don't have to enter any CC information or anything. You can download it as soon as you create an account.

One of the reasons I like the tones is that I have a number of clients that call me with BT headsets on cell phones. They find MOH distracting, and yet want to hear something so they know they are still connected.

In any event, this did the trick.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It doesn't happen in case if the conference bridge(conference place) is hosting a conference. It may happen only in case if the conference is hosted by a phone. Could you please confirm or refute this assertion?
    It is very interesting opinion about "music on hold". It is particularly interesting in the context of heated debate about how to properly manage content of the "music on hold"...

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've seen this, on a regular basis, a large conference hosted by another system where one of the callers is using a Nortel Meridian system and is constantly having to go on hold to answer other calls. It is very annoying when some participants (those that are using systems that play music), put the conference bridge on hold and not quite as much when it is just a couple of short beeps.

6. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Check this source: http://www.freepbx.org/forum/free-legal-music-for-music-on-hold
    There are some nice melodies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.