IDEA - Disable Status Change (DND) both globally and by extension

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by technigogo, Jan 5, 2018.

IDEA - Disable Status Change (DND) both globally and by extension 5 5 11votes
5/5, 11 votes

1. technigogo

Problem - I get requests from many of our customers to disable someone's DND. I can take it off of the phone but they can still change it in the 3CX client or cell phone app. Many offices these days don't have a dedicated receptionist but instead distribute the call answering load among a group of extensions. The owners get frustrated when those in the group set DND.

Solution - I have heard comments about a global disable but that won't fix the whole problem. 3CX needs a way to disable by extension. I think it should be in the "Rights" section and that way it could be a group permission as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    John Davies likes this.
  2. John Davies

Another good idea I think here

3. Sam Smith

1) This could be a communication issue. If you don't want people to DND, tell your employees "Don't DND"

2) You can dial through a DND internally using the paging dial code. If someone forgets to take off DND, I just dial them internally using the paging code and tell them.

4. John Davies

This is something that many of our clients want and while it could be a communication issue I think it offers more control for the client rather than relying on humans

technigogo likes this.
  5. GenericUser571

1) This could be a communication issue. If you don't want people to DND, tell your employees "Don't DND"
    - Yep, good luck

2) You can dial through a DND internally using the paging dial code. If someone forgets to take off DND, I just dial them internally using the paging code and tell them.
    - Have fun managing that.

craigreilly likes this.
  6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@technigogo
    Idea is OK, but it doesn't take into account the DEVICE's DND. (usually there is a confusion between extension's DND and device's) If user set the device on DND, the PBX cannot do absolutely nothing to bypass it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. GenericUser571

Yeah this can usually be managed via the device templates to disable the device DND.

Vali_3CX likes this.
  8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

booo. custom template.
    :(

technigogo likes this.
  9. GenericUser571

Agreement :(

10. dandenson

I guess I'm used to custom phone templates on my asterisk systems so that doesn't seem like too big of a deal, but the fact that it's still in the desktop client is an issue.

Definitely need a per-extension option to disable DND and ideally, a hook in the default template to disable it at the same time.

11. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Ahhh - if I set DND on my extension using iOS or Softphone - my deskphone basically goes into DND as well. All tied together nicely now on the Grandstream line atleast. The display of the phone even changes to DND if I set it - on the deskphone or remotely. So it seems the phones DND has been disabled so to speak.

12. technigogo

Craig, Yealink phones do the same.

craigreilly likes this.
  13. John Davies

Any update on this one 3cx just had more customers request this

14. GenericUser571

Moved to Softphone and Jabra USB wireless = Solved. Not ideal but an option.