Ideal Setup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Validata, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Validata

Hello everyone,

I have been reading about 3cx and i believe its what is needed to solve our needs. I was hoping I'd throw my situation out there and someone could tell me if 3cx's options are suitable.

We have an office with 2 computers and Vonage lines. Ideally i would like to have 1 phone number link to both computers but i do need both computers to be able to make calls at the same time. We will be handling high volume 200-300 calls a day (mostly outgoing.) We want to be able to do software dialing with no actual phone unit. Incoming isn't as important but would like to have 1 main line with 2 extensions with separate voicemail (if not possible, no big deal)

What do you guys think? Is this something i could do with 3cx? Free or Enterprise? Thank you

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

3CX can handle what you want. I think your issue is the calls. You will either need a new providor that can give you multiple simultaneous calls (nexvortex) or 2 lines with Vonage.

Checkout the free vs paid versions of 3CX to see if there are any options you want (voice mail light, call parking)
    http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison.html

Where are you located?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. landfiets

landfiets New Member

I agree with Rob. You request is easy to setup in a few minutes. Only the "number" thing is different. A lot of good providers accept simultanious calls with the same number, but please inform yourself about that. Otherwise you could just take a different account. Do you really need that customers see your number? Otherwise consider Voipbuster or one of the other Betamax providers. Phonecalls are fine and you pay almost nothing. The people you call cannot see your number because you won't have one. But you can call as long and as much as you want with those numbers. Here in Europe it is very normal that firms who do outbound calls don't show their number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.