• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Identify number dialled on Polycom

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveToms

Reaction score
I have downloaded the free version of 3CX to evaluate it as a replacement for Asterisk, which is a headache every time I have to make a change to it. Not overly familiar with the underlying VoIP infrastructure so would prefer the GUI approach and implementation of 3CX. So far everythings gone reasonably smoothly, inbound and outbound works fine with VoIPTalk and some Polycom Soundpoint phones.

My problem is I have some people with Polycom handsets that have a number of external numbers routed to them. In the old Asterisk world the two line display would read "Company A" and "0777 777777" indicating someone was calling Company A from 0777 777777. Allowing the person to answer the call appropriately. Different numbers dialled, different first line of the display.

With the 3CX setup, by default I'm getting the caller's ID on both lines. "From:0777 777777" "0777 777777".

I've "fiddled about with" the inbound parameters against the provider configured to deal with the inbound number and have been unable to set any of the SIP settings to reflect a change on the display.

I'd appreciate any help anyone could give on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.