Solved Identifying incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thames, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thames

thames New Member

Hi there

I have a client about to put in a 3CX system but has two businesses running in the same office. He wants me to be able to flag the incoming call on the phone's display so that he knows which business name to answer with. I've had a little look around the system and not sure how to set this up.

Business 1: 01634 xxx549
    Business 2: 01634 xxx540

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Chris

2. bdarcyevans

Inbound Rules -> Select relevant DID/DDI Number -> Enter "Business X" in Name field.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Name your inbound rules for the different lines as you want them appearing like bdarcyevans said and also go to contacts and make sure that the option "Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID" has either append name or prepend name chosen.

4. Steven Cage

Do you know if this should also work with the Soft Clients? I have given each DID a unique name and added the option in contacts to prepend the the name. When a call is received I only see the number of the person calling with the name of the caller - if they exist in contacts. I do not see the DID name which is what I was expecting.

5. Steven Cage

Update: I have three SIP Trunk Providers with two trunks from the same provider and a third from another provider. For the unique SIP Provider the DID name is displayed. Could the problem be related to the fact that I have two trunks from the same provider?

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The issue could be with source identification. What version of the PBX are you running? Who is your provider? Do you have the DID's under both trunks configured the same? The issue could be that the PBX does not match the number in the inbound rule exactly so it is following the default trunk route. If you change the destination of the inbound rule o a DID does it work? Does the call follow the new destination?

7. Steven Cage

The problem was caused by the SIP Trunk Provider not sending the DID number in the SIP packet. Once they had setup the trunk correctly the correct name is being appended to the number on the soft client display.

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.