If my Trunk is fully Utilized, can I use one from another site

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eparker@sara.com, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eparker@sara.com

We have two sites that are bridged. If all my outgoing trunk lines are used in site A, can I use a trunk line from Site B to make an outgoing call? If so how do I configure this? Can rules be setup for this to make local calls in Site B's local area from site A? ex. Site A is in OR, Site B is in DC. Can site A make a call using site B's trunk and only pay for a local toll call? Trunks are PRI not SIP Provider.

So two questions, Failover and weighted call rules.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have multiple sites then you have no doubt set up rules to allow extension to call each other, most likely using an access prefix. In your outbound rules for the existing calls that you want to go out over the "other" PBXs trunks, create a second rule. Make the destination group the bridge trunk you wish to use. You will have to insure that the number sent has the required prefix (if necessary) so that the destination PBX knows what to do with the call.

Depending on the location of the other PBX(s), you may wish to be "selective" about what number ranges you send. This would require breaking down outbound rules, possibly to the point of areacode/prefix.

You will also have to see what happens with the caller ID of the outbound call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.