• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

If You Know Your Party's Extension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIPfun

Reaction score
A lot of phone systems allow you to enter a person's extension while on the very first menu... Does 3CX support this?

If I have extensions 100, 101 & 102 -- do I simply NOT include a 1 option on the main menu, and 3CX will figure it out?

What do you mean exactly? Main manu of what?

I'm sorry... I send all incomings calls to a Digital Receptionist, which reads off a menu.

In the rest of world, it's common to be able to key in an extension while a menu is being read, and then to be transferred.

Does 3CX support this? Do I have to do anything to enable it?

My extensions are 100, 101 & 102... BUT -- pressing 1 in the DR, has options of hanging up, going to extension etc...

This facility is provided and enabled by default. Documented on page 43 of the V6 manual.

Yes, as Nebula pointed out, this function does exist automatically.

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable this on a per DR basis?

Yes You're right it's enabled by default
But it's better to be after an option to take your time

You can dial an extension number at any time during the DR message. The way the system differenciates between a menu option and an extn deing dialed is by using inter digit timeout. In other words if you press 1 it will wait for a set time to allow further digits to be dialled before routing the call to the menu option 1. If the system recieves the digits 101 within the timeout period it will route the call to ext 101.

I have no idea what the timeout period is, perhaps Archie or one of the other guys at 3CX can tell us.

Hope that explains it, sounds more complicated than it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albert.f
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.