IIS 7 on Server 2008 r2 configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

I have been looking for up to date configuration documentation for IIS 7 and 3CX, but cannot find it. There is an IIS troubleshooting blog post, but:

a) 3CX on IIS 7 "seems" to work fine with a default configuration. But does it need some customization to be optimal?

b) the IIS troubleshooting blog post is mostly to do with IVR, and it's not clear to me whether these are standard configurations that should be made on all 3cx/IIS installations, or, only when there is "trouble".

c) the links to MS KB articles by the blog post are quite old, for IIS v5 and 6. A lot has changed in the MMC, and most folks are going to have a hard time locating the features that need customization. That is me included.

So - does IIS need customization beyond what 3cx install does? If so, what are they? If this information is already published, please point me to it!. If not, a how-to would be great.

Thanks, Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 3cx

3cx

Optimal what do you mean? Change nothing in the 3CX and IIS settings unless you know what you are doing.

No of course not - you should do these only when you have trouble. And that post is mostly for Version 9 of 3CX.

Can you point to us where these links are? So we can update them? The links are not because they are old or outdated. The reason is that because 3CX used to work on IIS 5.1 and 6 (XP and 2003) so those people that are still on V9 can find this useful still. Maybe you should describe what the prolblem you have is on IIS. Then we can get a better understanding of what is needed.

The installation of 3CX ALREADY configures IIS in the best and most optimum way to work with 3CX. Frankly to this date, there is nothing to optimize in it. It is actually recommended that you do not even touch 3CX and IIS settings because IIS configuration has already been tested and known to work reliably on hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide.

However if you have questions on tips or maybe doubts on the 3CX and IIS setup, we would like to hear them.

3. cfive

cfive Member

"The installation of 3CX ALREADY configures IIS in the best and most optimum way to work with 3CX. Frankly to this date, there is nothing to optimize in it. It is actually recommended that you do not even touch 3CX and IIS settings because IIS configuration has already been tested and known to work reliably on hundreds of thousands of installations worldwide. "

That statement would be welcome in the documentation, and is the answer to my question - thanks - Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cfive

cfive Member

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/troubleshooting-iis-ivr/

While not having IVR issues, when I check the IIS7 configuration against the above post - the settings do not match. I *am* having a possibly IIS related issue where remote myphone clients are getting double text in their chat windows. That's why I'm looking.

It's not clear whether the above post refers to steps that should be "confirmed" (as mentioned in the post), and then modified to match the post in all cases, or, if the configurations should only be changed if there are errors present in the default 3cx/IIS configuration.

Thanks, Les.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.