IIS and V15 Alpha

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by andy, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy

•NGINX web server instead of IIS/Abyss

--> we are using IIS on all our Servers and 3CX Admin Interface is behind SSL ClientAuth.
    This is mandatory for our Client. Also administration of IIS is much easier and one Webserver on a Windows 2012 SRV should do it.

Will 3CX V15 still be able to use IIS or at least an Option during installation?

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    IIS is removed from 3CX as a webserver of choice and will not be offered in the v15 installation.
    If your client needs IIS for other services, No problem - just install 3CX, which will install Nginx as a webserver (because now 3CX is optimized to work for nginx only), and make sure you choose a port for HTTP and HTTPS that does NOT CONFLICT with the ones that IIS is using.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. andy

will there at least be an Option to install/use a specific IP if the Server has multiple IP´s during Installation?

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You dont need this option because we will bind to all adapters we find.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. marcusjclifford

I feel this is another example of where 3CX should have OFFERED NGINX as an option, as an alternative to IIS but allowed the user the choice of which web server to use.

3CX seem to be acting very similarly to how Apple does. As in they assume they know best and customers would "Be silly to choose anything else so we won't let them have that choice".

Please 3CX, in future, consider your customers are not all clones, and many will have un-thought of reasons.
    For example I know one customer who mandates IIS as their webserver, so 3CX now cannot be used with that customer. Sale lost.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

When we came with IIS we did not warn. we had 2 webservers - we had problems explaining to customers what to do - what to use etc.
    We choose what is best for our product and customers. Like apple do, Android goole, everyone.
    Microsoft came last week and removed 3GB of storage space from the 4 I had. You know I said nothing. Believe me.

Why do we have to get slapped on the face for choosing the right thing? I really cannot understand this. Why cant you be productive about it and maybe ask why we did this?

NASA chose nginx!!!
    They are using Nginx to tell us whats going on in Mars with Curiosity.. Im actually proud to have that code in our product. Come on man..

We cannot offer yet another option - who offers options for webservers? We cannot cope with users demands if we let everyone have a choice.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I haven't downloaded or looked much at v15 yet - but the development team usually has a good reason in the changes they make. So upfront, thank you, for always wanting to make 3cx the best it can be.
    I am looking forward to downloading v15 and ensuring a proper fit for my users before rolling it out.

netify1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.