Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

IIS can't run debug

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by hpioteput, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hpioteput

Hello,

Tested on previous and latest 3cx versions: 8.0.9532 and 8.0.9908
    Windows Server 2008 standart, IIS 7
    tested on 2 servers - on local and remote machines.

Load debug build -> call to pbx and use menu
    When start debug list of "debug information files" always empty.

Under Cassini all working fine.

Please help ASAP.

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

In first place, we need to know if debug information files are being generated. Can you check if files with extension .DebugInfo are being generated under %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ProjectName_Debug_BuildNumber?

If you have .DebugInfo files there, then the problem is retreiving those files. If you don't have those files, then maybe you have a permissions problem with the IIS, and the ASPX page can not create the file. Can you check the eventviewer to see if there is some permissions problem?

Thanks.

3. hpioteput

Hello,

Yes I have file names like "Menu_444_Main_Call_2009_11_16_16_22_51_758.DebugInfo" (~4kb size) in the "ProjectName_Debug_BuildNumber"

No permissions problems.
    (On local server Firewall disabled, Remote enabled.)
    Project deployed from VAD to local and remote without problems.

I look in source code of "VAD_DownloadDebugInfoFile.aspx" and "VAD_GetDebugInfoFileNames.aspx" I think that this scripts can't correctly locate "*.DebugInfo " files and directories of IVR receptionists.

Please explain next steps...?

4. VAD_Support

Something to have in mind is that the build number in the project file (.vadproj) and the deployed build number must be equal. If you rebuild your project, the build number will change and you can not retreive .DebugInfo files from previous builds. This is because when you have a new build, the .DebugInfo file from a previous build may not be valid (because of changes to the callflow).

So, in order to check this, please open your ProjectName.vadproj file with a text editor, and look at the following value:
    <DebugBuildNumber>NN</DebugBuildNumber>

The value NN should be the same that the deployed build number, so you should have the following directory in the 3CX server with .DebugInfo files in there:
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\ProjectName_Debug_NN

Can you verify this and let me know?

Thanks.

5. hpioteput

All values exact match
    In the folder "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr\Menu_444_Debug_177"
    I have file "Menu_444_Main_Call_2009_11_16_16_22_51_758.DebugInfo"
    In source of "Menu_444.vadproj" I find " <DebugBuildNumber>177</DebugBuildNumber>"

Still not see any debugs when start debugging.

What is the next quest?

PS: Are you installed 3cx pbx on IIS-7? without cassini? and tested this? May be after installation I need manually go through settings in IIS and manipulate with them?

I still think that "VAD_GetDebugInfoFileNames.aspx" under IIS look into another directory!?

6. VAD_Support

This has been tested with IIS7 and Windows Server 2008, and worked in our testing environment...

Can you try launching the following URL manually and post what you get?
    http://3CXServer:5484/VAD_GetDebugInfoFileNames.aspx?projectname=Menu_444_Debug_177

Thanks.

7. hpioteput

I have 2 projects.

Here is results:
    http://local_serv_IP:5484/VAD_GetDebugInfoFileNames.aspx?projectname=Menu_444_Debug_177
    result:
    Menu_444_Main_Call_2009_11_16_16_22_51_758.DebugInfo

http://remote_serv_IP:5484/VAD_GetDebugInfoFileNames.aspx?projectname=Menu_444_Debug_173
    result:
    Menu_444_Main_Call_2009_11_16_15_43_26_419.DebugInfo

Requests posted via IE and answer received as plain text.

But in VAD still nothing when press debug.

8. VAD_Support

Hello,

We found it! This is a bug in the VAD. The problem appears when the project name contains an underscore character ("_").

We'll fix this as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you can rename the project to remove the underscore, for example to "Menu444". You should not experience this problem that way.

Thanks for your feedback! Much appreciatted!

9. hpioteput

Additional BUG's :)

If to initialize variable (project$ or callflow$) with boolean values (True or False) in VAD - project doesn't work.
    (need use 1 or 0, for example)

In different areas you can't reach components from another area, i mean for example, 2 different flows for options of menu.
    If component in second flow uses component from first flow VAD compiles without errors. But "3cx pbx" fails(need to reboot server) after 2-3 calls to deployed "bugged project"

10. VAD_Support

In regards to boolean variables, you need to set them to true or false (lowercase), because that is javascript. We can not assume that you really want to say true or false, because you could have a javascript variable named True (with T uppercase), and that would evaluate to that variable's value. Maybe we can show a warning message during build, but we can not be 100% sure that the user wants the boolean value.

In regards to component accessibility, that's a known limitation by design, but we are thinking on changing that in future releases and allow using every component in the same document, no matter how deep it is into another component.

Thanks again for your feedback! This is very valuable for us. We want to make this product much better, and your feedback is very helpful for this!

11. hpioteput

The last suggestions,

If project name contains SPACE symbol like "Menu 444.vadproj" then it compiles without any errors but can't be deployed to the server.

When I every time deployed menu for example on server working 5-7 Digital Receptionists (IVR), every time when I updating all IVR's, old IVR's don't deleted from the server.
    For example one IVR 10-20mb in size.
    I need after update delete old IVR's manually?

Thanks for answers.

12. VAD_Support

Hi,

Thanks again for your feedback!

We'll check the problem related to the space in the project name and fix it.

In regards to old callflows, the VAD creates a new folder for each build and does not delete old versions. You need to manually delete old versions. This is because when deleting ASPX files from the web server, IIS or Cassini can have some problems and that could affect other pages in the web server. For example, the management web interface could stop working and you would have to restart IIS or Cassini. So, you need to be aware about this, and delete old version in a moment of low traffic, where you can for example restart some services...

13. VAD_Support

Hi,

The latest build released contains some fixes for the problems you reported.

Thanks.

14. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

You mean letting a variable be accessed outside of it's scope? Won't that violate the architecture of the call stack?

You might as well just make every variable a global variable then.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. VAD_Support

We mean making components globally accessible (in the entire callflow or component). Now if you have for example a Record component inside a Menu component, the result is only accesible into the Menu branch. If you want to access it outside the menu branch, you need to store the result into a global variable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.