Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

IIS, Win7

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

When intending to install 3cx on Win7 and IIS, are there any specific (manual) configurations that must be made outside of:

a) simply selecting IIS in add/remove windows programs (a lot of the sub-items remain not selected by default)
    b) installing 3CX and indicating you'll use IIS

Thanks - Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Yes,
    Add IIS and also add Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5.
    Install latest updates and restart the machine before installing 3cx.
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cfive

cfive Member

Thanks for the reply, Michael.

I think .net is there by default with win7.

when adding IIS, do you select any of the subfolders that aren't selected by default? Do you make any configuration changes in IIS?

These might seem like silly questions, but I've got a reliability issue with 3cx on IIS, and it's the only installation I have using IIS and not Cassini on win7.

I can't rule out hardware though, so I'm changing it out and preparing the OS first so it can be quick.

- Les.

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

As long as your only installing 3CX on the system then the defaults will do.

Thanks,
    Mark Flores Martin
    3CX Support

5. cfive

cfive Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.