• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

IM question & conference extension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedabrane

Reaction score
Hi!

I installed the free version on 3CX in my company as a test.
I managed to get it working ok by using tunnel.

Now, I have two questions:

can the extension number of the conference server (7000) somehow be changed in free version? Even directly by editing cfg or similar? We have the most important number on our current system using 7000, and I cannot make an extension with that number since it is being used.

Another question is, does 3CX system store IM messages and chat somewhere on the server or is it just on clients?

Thanks!

Hi there,
You could activate on the v12 demo key, then go in Settings / Advanced / Conferencing, make the change, and then revert to Free version from Settings / Activate license.

Chat are stored in server database, but they can be read and deleted only from 3CXPhone logged as the originator of messages.

Hi there,
You could activate on the v12 demo key, then go in Settings / Advanced / Conferencing, make the change, and then revert to Free version from Settings / Activate license.

Chat are stored in server database, but they can be read and deleted only from 3CXPhone logged as the originator of messages.

How can I request a DEMO key?

Thanks!

One more question:

can I restrict a certain extension from seeing other Presence extension status, even restrict the auto population of the Presence list, but that the extension can still use chat?
I don't want an extension to see what other extension exist.

Thanks!

For demo key : http://www.3cx.com/?s=demo+key+v12

For presences you can go in the extension properties / Rights tab, and then untick Can see group members + Can see group calls.

Awesome!!

Thanks!

One more question: :)

can the RTP ports be separated from the web management ports?
As I understood, for Presence to work ports that are used for management need to be forwarded?

Nothing to do with RTP. Presence is sent through SIP port, using NOTIFY messages.
SIP port can be customized through Settings / Network / Ports.

But when I block the 5000 port for management, I get Connecting on the mobile client and Chat doesn't work.
Port 5090 is open and tunnel conects ok, I get On hook.

Yes you need the web services port aswell for all unified communications functionnalities : change profile, contacts, actions in presence window, conference, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.