Imaging Software Tip

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jelliott52, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jelliott52

Hi All,
    I support a lot of systems, so I thought I would pass a great little program I use for everyday server or work station imaging.

http://www.macrium.com/default.asp

Just last week a client got a nasty virus, it was quicker for me to re-image his PC, then fight the nasty virus. He was up and back in business in 30 minutes.

I've imaged and recovery plenty of windows PC after virus and HDD failures and this little software just works. They have a free version for use, but as good as this program is, I would recommend you get the paid version to support these guys, it's only $40.00.

I am not affiliated with company, I just love there little product.

Jay

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

According to the licensing, its $40 per computer it is used on. While thats still cheaper than a second XP license, it still adds up quite a bit if you have a lot of clients.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jelliott52

Hi Kerry,
    Yes you are correct, but it's saved my bacon plenty of times 8) I put it on most of our phones systems now, and it has paid for itself easily. Every time we do an upgrade we make an image first, and upgrades do sometimes don't work as planned, this is my cheap insurance.

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.