Import contacts from backup XML?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ian.watts, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I had to rebuild a v15 install, originally was a 12.5 upgrade which I botched the FQDN but also noticed some bug with their PRO license but some features reported "not available in PBX Edition".

I was able to import the extensions and effectively rebuild their PBX by hand (sucks..). Last note I got was that they had some contacts which aren't there.

Indeed, I see them in the XML file in the PBX backup. They're on an extension, not central to the system. There was one in the system which I must recreated by hand originally.. so he must be looking for the other forty.

First.. is there *any* method to import contacts into 3CX? I logged into the web as my extension, not seeing any contact management there.
    Similar, not seeing anything in the 3CX Phone for Windows app for export/import.

If not.. is it even remotely possible to run a restore if I crop down a copy of the XML for this extension and its <Phonebookentry> items? I'm sure it isn't a supported thing.. and I may just try in a sandbox anyway. Anybody else been able to restore a partial config XML to get some things set?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.