Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Import contacts from backup XML?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ian.watts, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I had to rebuild a v15 install, originally was a 12.5 upgrade which I botched the FQDN but also noticed some bug with their PRO license but some features reported "not available in PBX Edition".

I was able to import the extensions and effectively rebuild their PBX by hand (sucks..). Last note I got was that they had some contacts which aren't there.

Indeed, I see them in the XML file in the PBX backup. They're on an extension, not central to the system. There was one in the system which I must recreated by hand originally.. so he must be looking for the other forty.

First.. is there *any* method to import contacts into 3CX? I logged into the web as my extension, not seeing any contact management there.
    Similar, not seeing anything in the 3CX Phone for Windows app for export/import.

If not.. is it even remotely possible to run a restore if I crop down a copy of the XML for this extension and its <Phonebookentry> items? I'm sure it isn't a supported thing.. and I may just try in a sandbox anyway. Anybody else been able to restore a partial config XML to get some things set?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.