Import Google Contacts: "Wrong CSV file, required columns are not found: Mobile"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Peter Richardson, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Richardson

Peter Richardson New Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to import contacts in 3CX from Google but when uploading the CSV file that I downloaded from Google Contacts, I get the error:

Wrong CSV file, required columns are not found: Mobile

I tried downloading as "Google CSV" and also tried "Outlook CSV" but I get the same error both times. Is there anything I can do?

2. SSJ

SSJ

3. Peter Richardson

No, there are no semi-colons in the Google Contacts CSV file.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Peter Richardson

Please manually create a contact in 3CX and export it so you have the correct columns and format. Then adjust your file to match the PBX format otherwise import will not work.

5. Peter Richardson

Thanks @YiannisH_3CX

I followed your instructions and it worked. However, I have another client with a huge contacts list, and to edit it would take hours (the middle names need to be moved to the surname, lots of the fields need to be renamed, it's quite a process, especially for something that is only static and would have to be done on a regular basis because the contacts are not synchronised with the Google Contacts automatically. Is there an easier way? Is it possible to sync Google Contacts with 3CX? It seems strange that there's no integration. People would not want to have to maintain 2 sets of contacts lists, so what else can we do?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Could you not import it into an Excel file, add any necessity columns and re-arrange/edit as needed, then export as a CSV file?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.