Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Import local contacts via csv

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Andrew Barr, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Barr

Hi all,

We are just about to move from our old Avaya system to 3CX and one of our users has about 300+ speed dials in his Avaya app. We have exported them out to a .csv file and I am trying to find a way of importing these in as local contacts to the 3CX Client.

Looking through the user documentation it states:
    Note: From the 3CX Client for Windows you may also “Sync” your online accounts to import contacts. You have the ability to sync “Office 365” and “Google.” Go to “Settings”, “Import Contacts” and fill in the appropriate details. In order to add a .cvs file you have to contact your administrator.

So as the administrator, I am looking through all the other documentation, forums and some random google searches (just in case) but I cant find anything that suggests that there is an option for a .csv import option.

So am I not looking hard enough or is the documentation out of date? If anyone has managed this can some step by step instructions be included.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Andrew Barr

Please note that to import personal contacts using a .csv file you will need to use the web client as the windows client does not have the option to import personal contacts through .csv.

You can export a contact from the management console to get the correct .csv format so the contacts are correctly imported into the web client. Once you import the contacts to the web client they will appear to the windows client as well.

To do so, select and edit an extension through the management console and navigate to the General Tab. You will find the web client link under the Web Authentication field as well as the password for the web client. Launch the web client and log in. Navigate to Contacts / Personal and click on the import button.

Andrew Barr likes this.
  3. Andrew Barr

HI Yiannish,

Thanks for this awesome guide.

Maybe this needs to be put in to the manual, rather than leaving it a little bit vague.

Thanks again

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.