Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Import users from Active Directory failing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by san_narula, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. san_narula

I have installed 3CX on a test server and trying to import users from AD but it tells me that 'The entered domain is invalid. Please enter another one and try again'. Our domain ends with .internal but if I put .local or something else I get 'The connection to the LDAP server was refused'.
    It appears to be a bug to me, can someone from 3CX confirm this. I would like to know if this will be resolved soon.

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Thanks for pointing this out, there is indeed a restriction on TLDs length at current.
    However this issue is adressed with upcoming version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. san_narula

So, what is the current limit and what is the reason behind it. When is the next version due to be released?

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

The current limit is with the domain name validation which will allow only up to 6 characters at current, so a .local is valid while a .internal is not.
    However I'm afraid I can't confirm any ETA's on future releases, kindly follow blog to keep posted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.