• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Import users from AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathias Maes

Customer
Reaction score
Hello

I did a new setup of 3CX and everything went smooth. But now I want to import users from my AD. However, I fill in all the fields, press 'search' and nothing happens. No error message, nothing changes.

What am I expected to see? I'm pretty sure the credentials for the AD are correct, is there a log somewhere to be found?

Thanks

Bump, does no one uses this function?

Hello @Mathias Maes

When you press search you should see a bar on the top of the extensions page indicating that the management console is trying to connect. If this fails then you should get an error after a while. If your logging level is set to verbose you can generate the support info of the PBX and check the management console log file for any errors.
You can set the logging level to verbose by navigating to Dashboard / Activity Log / Options. Restart all services and replicate the issue. Then generate the support info from the support tab and check for any errors in the management console log.

Hello @YiannisH_3CX

I just followed your steps and enabled verbose logging. I just retried connecting to the AD and I see no visual indication of 3CX actually trying to connect.

I waited like 5 minutes without result, so I opened the activity log and ... nothing. No mention of the word 'domain' or the IP address of our DC or the hostname, nothing.

Are you using the microsoft Active directory LDAP service or a different one? Only Microsoft's AD is supported for this function

@YiannisH_3CX

Hi, I found the problam and a solution. It doesn't work in Firefox, but it does in Chrome!
I already thought it was some JS problem because there was really no indication something happened at all.

Can I file a bug report or something?
Thanks for your help!

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved and thank you for reporting this. We will investigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.