Importing Call Billing Information

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joshhough, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshhough

Hi,

We are wanting to update the CDR Costs/Codes within the 3CX Management portal but I seem to be experiencing issues, so before i go and do anything, i'd like to get some feedback on it from others.

When exporting the current/default CDR information from the management console, it comes as an XML file like this:
    Code:
    <TenantProperty>
        <name>BILL_0000</name>
        <description>
        </description>
        <type>String</type>
        <value n="default" p="default" r="1.0" />
      </TenantProperty>
    For each of the entries in the billing platform.

I have two options from my supplier, i can export the costs (which include my margin) in either CSV or an XML file, but my XML output from the supplier looks like this:
    Code:
    <rate uniqueId="35818755">
    		<prefix>4484</prefix>
    		<destination>084 Catch All</destination>
    		<validFrom>2015-07-07 23:00:00</validFrom>
    		<rate>0.11700</rate>
    		<rateOffPeak>0.00500</rateOffPeak>
    		<rateWeekend>0.00500</rateWeekend>
    		<connectCharge>0.00000</connectCharge>
    	</rate>
    Which is obviously hugely different from the 3CX output (as that is for each country code, prefix, etc.

Whats the best way to go about this have people found?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am guessing there must be a few ways to do this, but one way I found easy was using Excel. Open what your supplier gave you with excel (csv or xml) so that it loads it in columns and get the information you want, then export the xml from 3CX, also open it with Excel and copy-paste everything you want into it, then export it as xml again in the 3CX format.

The only thing I had to do after this is to open the final file after saving it with excel with notepad and remove the first line which is the schema as 3CX doesn't need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.