Importing Extensions through CSV doesn't assign Codecs to phone

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by jbryant84, Jul 7, 2017.

Importing Extensions through CSV doesn't assign Codecs to phone 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

  1. jbryant84

    jbryant84 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2016
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    40
    When using the .csv import to import extensions/phones, you have to go to each extension and manually assign all of the codecs to the phone. Also the console won't let you save any changes to an extension before adding the codecs. When adding an extension to a phone manually, the console populates all of the codecs automatically. Why doesn't CSV import do the same?
     
  2. PD-SII

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2016
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am wondering the exact same thing. This is the most annoying thing to do post-import. At first I thought a work-around might be to multi-select all your extensions .. choose edit .. (codecs actually show up when you do this though) maybe just hit ok? Nope.. Maybe delete all codecs .. add them all back? Nope.. You must select each extension individually. I'd be curious to know if this is something with the new version or if this was present in previous versions as well. If someone has an idea to work around this, please share. Good post!
     
  3. jbryant84

    jbryant84 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2016
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    40
    When you select multiple extensions it shows codecs, but they're for the windows/smart phone client, not desk phones. The earliest version I've used extensively was v14, and this behavior was present there as well.
     
  4. bigdessert

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2017
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    3
    FYI, just add PhoneSettings in your CSV in between CustomTemplate and AllowAllRecordings and add the following.(note the single quotes as their import process doesn't handle the double quotes well)
    ProvType is 1-Remote(STUN), 2-Local LAN, 3-SBC
    Code:
    <PhoneDevice ProvType='1' LocalSipPort='5065' LocalRTPPortStart='14000' LocalRTPPortEnd='14009' PhoneLanguage='English'><CodecsPriority><Codec Priority='1' PriorityVarName='codec1' DisplayText='PCMU' PayloadTypeName='payload1' payload='PCMU'>0</Codec><Codec Priority='2' PriorityVarName='codec2' DisplayText='PCMA' PayloadTypeName='payload2' payload='PCMA'>8</Codec><Codec Priority='3' PriorityVarName='codec3' DisplayText='G722' PayloadTypeName='payload3' payload='G722'>9</Codec><Codec Priority='4' PriorityVarName='codec4' DisplayText='G729' PayloadTypeName='payload4' payload='G729'>18</Codec></CodecsPriority><BLFS OwnBlfs='0' /></PhoneDevice>
     
    RossPCS likes this.
  5. jbryant84

    jbryant84 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2016
    Messages:
    109
    Likes Received:
    40
    Yep, this was added in the latest update :)
     
  6. RossPCS

    Joined:
    May 11, 2017
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    1
    Thank this was something I was trying to do but excel was adding the double quotes and I didn't notice. I was working to import 600 extensions and I so didn't want to do that all via the GUI.