• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Importing users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Barr

Premier Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi guys,

About to import about 150 extension and was wondering what people do to create the AuthID and passwords?

I really dont want to have to create these all manually for the import file, I was hoping if if the field were blank then they would be created in 3CX automatically. This then saves having an import file lying around with maybe sensitive data in it!!

thanks

Andy

You may import from .csv file, created easily in Excel.
For the purpose create one extension, export it, and copy/edit it 150 times into Excel table.

You may use random function of Excel to create different passwords for different users, like:
=DEC2HEX(RAND()*4000000000;8)

Last edited:
Thanks for this.

I have already got the file created in Excel, but I wasn't expecting to create 4 (or so) authentication columns, I was hoping that 3CX would have created this as part of the import, especially creating the DeskphoneWebPass, why does it need this if I might not be using deskphones, surely this should only be part of the phone provisioning setup and not a user import?

I have found Kutools for Excel excellent for creating the random passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristianNetron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.