Solved Importing users

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Andrew Barr, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Barr

Hi guys,

About to import about 150 extension and was wondering what people do to create the AuthID and passwords?

I really dont want to have to create these all manually for the import file, I was hoping if if the field were blank then they would be created in 3CX automatically. This then saves having an import file lying around with maybe sensitive data in it!!

thanks

Andy

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You may import from .csv file, created easily in Excel.
    For the purpose create one extension, export it, and copy/edit it 150 times into Excel table.

You may use random function of Excel to create different passwords for different users, like:
    =DEC2HEX(RAND()*4000000000;8)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 sip.bg, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  3. Andrew Barr

Thanks for this.

I have already got the file created in Excel, but I wasn't expecting to create 4 (or so) authentication columns, I was hoping that 3CX would have created this as part of the import, especially creating the DeskphoneWebPass, why does it need this if I might not be using deskphones, surely this should only be part of the phone provisioning setup and not a user import?

I have found Kutools for Excel excellent for creating the random passwords.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.