Improve "Enable 3G" setting on Android

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by SECOIT GmbH, Jun 15, 2017.

1. SECOIT GmbH

On my mobile I'm disabling 3G calls on my 3CX client on Android (Galaxy S7) since it is too unreliable. But that's no Problem for me.
    But when I uncheck "Settings" -> "Advanced Settings" -> "Enable 3G" it not only disables 3G for VoIP calls (as described in the explanation line below the setting) it also kills any connection to the 3CX PBX.
    That means for example I can't even see my call lists anymore or set the presence status.

So I keep switching this "Enable 3G" on and off when I'm travelling which I consider highly impractical.
    The improvement would be that even calls via 3G are turned off I can still access the remaining PBX features with the 3CX Android client. Or alternatively add a second option to at least allow the "control data" (not sure how to call it) being transferred via 3G even when 3G calls are disabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SECOIT GmbH

Seems like this IS already implemented - only it doesn't work on my phone 99% of the time.
    Will do somemore investigation.
    If possible this thread can be deleted.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...