Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Improve Extension Management/Management Console

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by mcsantoso, Jan 23, 2018.

Improve Extension Management/Management Console 5 5 3votes
5/5, 3 votes

1. mcsantoso

Under an Extension's Right tab, I do like that I can allow an extension access to the Server Management. However, I think this part needs to be improved as the System Managements individual roles needs more granularity. Such as, just simply enabling what tabs or sections the extension has access to, instead of "General System Administration", which enables the extension too much access and I can't seem to restrict the view on specific sections that is customizable.

I think it was be very helpful to select or deselect check boxes of each section like Phones, Contacts, Inbound Rules, Recording, Settings, and Call Reports etc. Especially under Settings, remove access from modifying server settings(each blue button). I had an end user accidentally modifying the Email settings, which broke SMTP.

2. Thiek

I agree, if a System Admin gives out rights to someone so they can manage extensions, it would be much better if some of the tabs they have access to were locked down. As System Admin over multiple sites I will need to give someone at each site the rights to manage ext. as I won't have time to do this. And yet I'm slightly concerned about how much access this is going to provide.

3. ATGNick

I agree. We have a potential client that needs to be able to manage recordings from all extensions. It is not good to give "General system Administration" rights and the ability to really mess some things up...