Improved instructions for XP

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by zensoftware, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Hi,

The manual could do with more explicit instructions on how to get the VAD working with XP.

Thanks.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The only difference is how projects are deployed, because the IIS in Windows XP does not support multiple web sites, the VAD deploys its files to a virtual directory. This is explained in section "Configuring Phone System location".

Are you having any other problem?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

When I make the change, I get an error saying that it cant connect to the deployment URI.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Did you install server side components? Can you post the deployment uri you're using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Hi, I have deployed the server side components (although they are listed as being for v7.1) and rebooted, now I get "An error occured while deploying the project: IVR"

An example uri is:

http://localhost/3CX PhoneSystem/Data/Ivr/VAD_Deploy.aspx

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In Windows XP the deployment URI should be http://localhost/ivr/VAD_Deploy.aspx
    You should only replace "localhost" with the server name or IP address of the server where you have 3CX installed.
    What version of 3CX are you using?

7. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Ok, I have corrected all that but now I get "Config server is not connected"

I'm using v8 beta

8. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Did you change the configuration settings for the project? The "PbxConfigurationPort" property should be 5485, and the "PbxServer" property should have the IP Address or computer name of the server where 3CX is installed.

The application has been tested on V7.1 only. Let me try it on V8 beta and let you know.

9. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Hi,

The pbx server is the IP address of the machine and the port is 5485, as I havent changed it.

10. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

I have been doing some tests with V8 beta on XP Pro... I needed to install Cassini because IIS is not available in XP. Are you running Cassini too?

Then, the deployment URI must be http://localhost:5484/VAD_Deploy.aspx instead of http://localhost/ivr/VAD_Deploy.aspx, because Cassini listens on that port (IIS needed a virtual directory in the default web site).

Then, I tried to deploy a project to 3CX. I found the same error you reported: "An error occured while deploying the project: IVR". That's an error trying to register the application in 3CX as a digital receptionist, after copying every file to the web server. In order to register the application, the VAD uses a client library named 3cxpscomcpp2.dll. The VAD has been built using that client library for V7.1. If you take a look at C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin you will find another library with the same name, but different version and size. Replacing that library with the one that is installed with V8 beta I could successfully deploy the application. Can you try this?

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes - Sorry guys -

We removed support for IIS in XP. Therefore all the constructs for ivr have to be made ip:5484 etc etc

12. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Hi guys,

I now have the VAD and 3CX v8 Beta running on sepertate machines XP. VAD is on a machine running 7.1 and I am trying to deploy to the v8 beta machine.

If have changed the default PBX server from 'localhost' to the IP of the v8 machine and changed the URI locations to be the v8 server in the following format:

http://192.168.1.250:5484/VAD_Deploy.aspx

VAD states that the project has been succesfully deployed but ther eis no sign of it in the Digital Receptionist menu on the v8 machine.

Emmet.

13. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Emmet,

Sorry, but the VAD has not been tested on V8 beta yet. As far as I could see, you will need to replace the library located at C:\Program Files\3CX Voice Application Designer\3cxpscomcpp2.dll with the one located at C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3cxpscomcpp2.dll in the V8 beta installation.

Soon you will have a VAD installer that can work with V7.1 or V8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.