Improving quality of 3CX WebRTC meetings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by John Giordano, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Giordano

Does anyone have any tips on how to improve the video and audio quality of WebRTC meetings? We are testing out the service to use for our growing remote staff and after a couple run-throughs, all we are seeing is choppiness and poor audio. We are using the 3CX desktop phone software to initiate the meetings and people wishing to connect are going to that meeting space via a URL through Google Chrome. Webcams are Logitech C920 (HD/1080p). We are hosting our own 3CX server (2012R2 VM). This test is being run on the local network.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Have you tried changing which MCU you connect to?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    John Giordano likes this.
  3. John Giordano

I have not, but that is what I was just researching. How do I go about doing that? I am a noob and my tech support is a little slow to respond so I am hacking away at it myself. Any help is much appreciated.

4. John Giordano

Ah, i just do that from within the console. I will try a couple different ones out.

5. John Giordano

I switched from a LA based MCU to a Seattle based MCU and it immediately improved. Can you explain why that would be?

6. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.