Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

In call DTMF

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nick-st, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nick-st

I have a test 3CX with 2 Cisco 7961G phones. No Gateways configured - just the 2 extensions. I can dial no problem, but the system doesn't recognize DTMF during calls. For example, the VM answers and waits for the pin, but doesn't 'hear' it.
    The template has the following DTMF settings:

<dtmfAvtPayload>101</dtmfAvtPayload>
    <dtmfDbLevel>3</dtmfDbLevel>
    <dtmfOutofBand>avt</dtmfOutofBand>

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Might not be the solution ...but, in SIPDefault.cnf:

# Inband DTMF Settings (0-disable, 1-enable (default))
    dtmf_inband: "1"

# Out of band DTMF Settings (none-disable, avt-avt enable (default), avt_always - always avt ) dtmf_outofband: "avt" ~np~# DTMF dB Level Settings (1-6dB down, 2-3db down, 3-nominal (default), 4-3db up, 5-6dB up)
    dtmf_db_level: "3"

3. nick-st

Thanks for the suggestion, but the SIPDefault.cnf already has those...

4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Have you attempted to run using a wireshark packet capture when doing so do you see the dtmf tones?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nick-st

Hi,
    I've just tried - The phone sends the DTMF, but the 3CX server ignores it. (Windows Server 2012, 3CX 12 SP3)
    Capture attached with most of the G711u snipped out...

The capture was ringing the VM, listening to the welcome message and pressing * to hear the waiting message. The VM just carries on listing the available options and ignores the input...

Attached Files:

6. jpillow

I've only experienced this issue once before and the issue was on the carrier side, do you have another sip trunk form another provider you could test, or some other trunk to see if the issue is carrier specific.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. nick-st

No SIP trunks configured on the system at the moment - it's just 2 internal extensions trying to connect to the built in VM...

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you have another device, perhaps you could set-up the 3CX Phone and try the voicemail. You would, at the least, verify which end has the issue. If you get the same results with another device, you'd then have to consider changes at the PBX end. Perhaps a reload is in order?

9. jpillow

At this poing an uninstall reinstall maybe the best look. Did you attempt another end point as Leejor suggested if so were the results the same?

10. imabev

I had this issue before and it was my firewall (Sonicwall).

11. jpillow

@imabev the Sonicawall caused DTMF issues when dialing internally is vm or a digital receptionist?

12. nick-st

Thanks for the replies - I'll try and use another endpoint or the 3CX phone app for comparison....

13. imabev

My issue was when we called outside phone numbers *they* didn't hear our DTMF. I read the OP quickly. Re-reading the OP this is a different issue (inbound DTMF).

Out of curiosity would a packet capture actually show a DTMF?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.