• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

In call DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick-st

Reaction score
I have a test 3CX with 2 Cisco 7961G phones. No Gateways configured - just the 2 extensions. I can dial no problem, but the system doesn't recognize DTMF during calls. For example, the VM answers and waits for the pin, but doesn't 'hear' it.
The template has the following DTMF settings:

<dtmfAvtPayload>101</dtmfAvtPayload>
<dtmfDbLevel>3</dtmfDbLevel>
<dtmfOutofBand>avt</dtmfOutofBand>

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Might not be the solution ...but, in SIPDefault.cnf:

# Inband DTMF Settings (0-disable, 1-enable (default))
dtmf_inband: "1"

# Out of band DTMF Settings (none-disable, avt-avt enable (default), avt_always - always avt ) dtmf_outofband: "avt" ~np~# DTMF dB Level Settings (1-6dB down, 2-3db down, 3-nominal (default), 4-3db up, 5-6dB up)
dtmf_db_level: "3"

Thanks for the suggestion, but the SIPDefault.cnf already has those...

Have you attempted to run using a wireshark packet capture when doing so do you see the dtmf tones?

Hi,
I've just tried - The phone sends the DTMF, but the 3CX server ignores it. (Windows Server 2012, 3CX 12 SP3)
Capture attached with most of the G711u snipped out...

The capture was ringing the VM, listening to the welcome message and pressing * to hear the waiting message. The VM just carries on listing the available options and ignores the input...

Attachments

• Wireshark DTMF.jpg
    Wireshark DTMF.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 1,628
I've only experienced this issue once before and the issue was on the carrier side, do you have another sip trunk form another provider you could test, or some other trunk to see if the issue is carrier specific.

No SIP trunks configured on the system at the moment - it's just 2 internal extensions trying to connect to the built in VM...

If you have another device, perhaps you could set-up the 3CX Phone and try the voicemail. You would, at the least, verify which end has the issue. If you get the same results with another device, you'd then have to consider changes at the PBX end. Perhaps a reload is in order?

At this poing an uninstall reinstall maybe the best look. Did you attempt another end point as Leejor suggested if so were the results the same?

I had this issue before and it was my firewall (Sonicwall).

@imabev the Sonicawall caused DTMF issues when dialing internally is vm or a digital receptionist?

Thanks for the replies - I'll try and use another endpoint or the 3CX phone app for comparison....

jpillow said:
@imabev the Sonicawall caused DTMF issues when dialing internally is vm or a digital receptionist?

My issue was when we called outside phone numbers *they* didn't hear our DTMF. I read the OP quickly. Re-reading the OP this is a different issue (inbound DTMF).

Out of curiosity would a packet capture actually show a DTMF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.