In-depth Inbound Rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DARSFoG, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARSFoG

So I am working on a fairly simple 3CX install. They have two DIDs that basically hit two different Ring Groups then defaults to a voicemail. Fairly simple.

However, They would like between the hours of 8-9am for one DID to go to the second ring group and then fall back to the VM. From 9am-5pm both inbound rules flow normal, and from 5pm-6pm the other DID to go to the first ring group and then back to the 2nd VM. Again fairly straight forward on how to setup that using two sets of ring groups with different "if on answers rules." You can see the call flow here.

What is getting me is how to setup the timing. Since we can only set "In Office Hours" and "Out of Office Hours" So I am looking around in 3CX and I see three different places that I can set "Hours" in v15sp5

a.) Sip Trunk
    b.) Inbound Rules
    c.) Settings > Timezone & Office Hours Settings

So I am wondering is what is the hierarchy on the settings. If I set all three which one takes the priority? I do plan to do some testing on my demo server. But I figured I'd asked just incase. I couldn't find any documentation that went into details about this.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @DARSFoG

This is the global settings. Everything will follow these hours if no specific hours are specified.

If specific office hours are set to any of these then they will follow the specific office hours. If not they will follow the global office hours.

When a DID has an inbound rule it can have it's own specific office hours. If not then the inbound rule will follow the Global Office hours.

When you have specific office hours on the trunk then that applies to the main trunk number. Other DID's that have inbound rules will not be affected by this.

Hope everything makes sense

3. DARSFoG

Yes it does. Thank you. So I think what I want to do will not work. Back to the drawing board!

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @DARSFoG

Please note that you can use the in and out of office hours by creating multiple hour sets in each day. The hours specified will be in office the hours that are not specified will be out of office.
    For your case though i would think that you need to create 2 dummy extensions, one for each Inbound rule. By doing that you can use the extensions forwarding rules to forward the calls depending on the specific office hours that you set. That way you can have 3 possible destinations. When available, when Away and when in DND.
    The dummy extension will be available during office hours, Away during break times and DND when out of office hours.

Attached Files:

5. DARSFoG

Huh.... I did not know we could setup mutiple hours. And the dummy extensions might work. I'll have to play around with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.