Solved In-place upgrade of 15 to today upgrade 15.5 License Error - The activation server already Activate

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by william.ndalama@algotechnologies.co.za, Jun 7, 2017.

?

Do you have the same problem

Poll closed Jul 26, 2017.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william.ndalama@algotechnologies.co.za

Dears,

I don't know why I'm getting this error message after upgrading version 15 to 15.5 in place upgrade. Update was done on the same PC (Running On Hyper-V).

1. Initial issue was that phone license limit was reached.

2. After checking the license session i see that they is below error:

License status license_error.
    3. if i try to edit the details I get below error:

The activation server reported multiple activations. Please activate your product from the original computer on which it was installed.

4. look at some forums for solution.
    they point to reboot the server: did not work, change dns to 8.8.8.8, flushdns, restart nginx service and the server did not work.

is they a fix for this?

Kind Regards,

William

2. deanril@yahoo.com

I run my 3cx pbx in hyper-v as well. One thing I always do is keep a fixed Mac ID. You can do that in the network adapter settings in hyperv.
    3cx goes off that Mac ID I know for sure.

3. william.ndalama@algotechnologies.co.za

True, that is the same advise i received from 3CX support a few years ago, but our environment is so big for us to trace a MAC binding of one VM RFC.

I don't see why this can not be added to the customer portal, i have access, but i don't have access to release the mac.

Thanks for your reply

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

the solution can be made from remote, it is local on the device.
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/license-key-already-in-use/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

William if the solution above does not work, why dont you open a ticket? Since you have the possibility to do so?
    If mac is in use, you installed it on multiple devices. Then you need to contact us and we need to release this. The license key should be provided and we can check it out.
    On how many computers did you activate your license?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. william.ndalama@algotechnologies.co.za

Hi, Nicky, Stefan

Thanks for your reply. We managed trace our backup and retrieve the mac address from the VM xml configuration file. One of the engineers changes the NIC setting to dynamic.

Kind Regards,

William

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.