inbound and outbound call through patton sn4114

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Network Emad, Dec 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Network Emad

Hi

i have Patton SN 4114 and all ports used and connected. i created different groups of extension's Group1, Group2 and Grouop3 i need to route group1 of extension's through FXO_0 and

Group2 ----> FXO_1

Group3-----> FXO_2

if there are any call coming from FXO_0 it will be forwarding to group1
    if there any call coming through FXO_1 it will be forwarding to group2

if there any outbound call from group3 it will be forwarding through FXO_2

i need ur help to apply this rule on both call sides. inbound and outbound

how to apply it ?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi Network Emad,

DDIs do not exist for FXO, at least not signaled by the network -- the phone just rings, you cannot determine which number was called.

ISDN is different in that it has a D-channel that is used exclusively for signalling. The SETUP message contains a called-164 information element, the value is matched against the DDI rule.

This used to be achieved by a custom template, i.e. turn a 4-port Patton gateway into four separate ones - then you can handle an incoming call from each one differently.

This guide however does explain adding a DDI to a ring group or call queue directly (See step 5 for FXO) so maybe worth taking a look as it seems we might be past that now:
    https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode-sn4112/#h.y837i01fynd9

There is no easy way to achieve Outbound routing in the way you want, 3CX used to support this (see this post): https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/multi-line-pstn-gateway/

And this forum post does suggest some possible work-arounds, have a read and let me know if you have any further questions: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/choose-did-as-outgoing-line.37636/

#2 eddv123, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As explained, you would have to break the one trunk group with four members, into four individual trunks. For this to work the way you want it, the PSTN lines from your provider must be individual numbers, not a hunt group, with a pilot number, as is a common offering.

4. Network Emad

hi

I have four lines all these lines has different number. each line connected with Patton 4114 through defined ports FXO-0 to 3.

I need to know how to forward the first port of Patton to HR DEP and second port of Patton to Sales ........ ect

how to do this

5. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Follow the guide i sent previously it will explain in detail the FXO standard setup with 3CX.

Where you can try the routing in step 5 first, from what i know about FXO to get the behaviour you desire you may have to setup each as a separate trunk/gateway as explained above.

If manual configuration is required on the Patton You will need to contact Patton as they require some level of understanding of how the units work before attempting.

Run through the guide first and report back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.