Inbound busy signal V15 and Vitelity

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DtotheAmbrose, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DtotheAmbrose

I am working on setting up 3cx V15 and we are having problems with inbound where it goes to a busy signal on any inbound call.

I have searched the forums and found several instances of people having a problem with inbound calls from Vitelity going to a busy signal like we are getting.

This one https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/busy-signal-when-calling-number.50060/ says to delete the existing trunk and setup a new one to get it to work. I tried what worked for that user as well and no luck.

This one suggests the firewall is the cause. https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/sip-trunk-vitelity-busy-signal.38590/ I tried the suggestion of a failover to a different number and it immediately hits the failover. The firewall we have is a zywall unit which we setup per the 3cx instructions found here https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/zyxel-router-3cx/

The firewall test shows everything is working, outbound calls work great, the DID shows registered on the 3cx and Vitelity ends so I am at a loss what to try next.

I am getting an error email from Vitelity "A call to your DID telephonenumberhere from telephonenumberthere has failed at 10:57am on 09/04/2017 MDT. We received 'CHANUNAVAIL' when attempting to route the call to your server or device."

I am open to any suggestions of configuration changes to get this going.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would begin by looking at the 3CX Activity Log. If the call is reaching the PBX, and being rejected, then that should show in the log, along with (hopefully) the reason.

3. DtotheAmbrose

I got wireshark installed and ran a test call. Looks like the inbound is being rejected but I dont know enough to understand what is doing the rejecting.

4. hwcltjn

You created an inbound rule right? Where is that directed?

In the trunk settings how many SIM calls did you set?

Which codecs are you using on the trunk? Are they supported by your carrier? I've seen that error in the past, usually due to codec negotiation (not on 3CX though).

What does the 3CX activity log say?

craigreilly likes this.
  5. DtotheAmbrose

I have the inbound rule pointed to an extension which registers in the 3cx admin panel.

I have the trunk settings set to 10.

codecs active
    GSM-FR
    G729
    G.711 U-Law
    G.711 A-Law
    G722

I could not find anything specific about the codecs supported between Vitelity and 3cx but both say their systems work with each other.

The activity log doesnt register the inbound calls which is why I i used wireshark to log the data which I posted.

6. hwcltjn

Try moving, G.711 U-law and G.711 A-law to the top of the list - see if that makes a difference?

Do you have any other trunks that are having problems with inbound calls?

Have you put your DID in the trunk's settings?

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Wireshark is great to see what is happening external to the PBX, but the 3CX Activity Log can't be beat for seeing what 3CX is actually doing with the call.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @DtotheAmbrose

How many trunks do you have configured on the PBX? Are your DIDs configured in more that one trunk? Do the incoming number match exactly the number as you have it configured under the trunk settings?

9. DtotheAmbrose

@YiannisH_3CX

1 trunk, we purchased a single number to do testing. The DID is configured just to that trunk. Yes the incoming number is setup exactly (cut and paste with making sure there were no extra spaces).

#9 DtotheAmbrose, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  10. DtotheAmbrose

@hwcltjn

For the codecs we have them in the priority in the trunk of

G.711 U-law
    G.711 A-law
    GSM-FR
    G729

The DID is in the trunk settings.

#10 DtotheAmbrose, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  11. DtotheAmbrose

On the log I should clarify, it is the capture log from the activity screen from 3cx, I opened it in wireshark to view it.

12. hwcltjn

Not quite sure what could be causing you trouble...
    Have you tested another trunk with another provider?

It could be worth purging the log entirely, increasing the verbosity level, refreshing the trunk's registration and then placing an incoming call and seeing what gets logged?

Don't suppose your firewall/network is blocking Vitelity inbound for some reason?

13. DtotheAmbrose

@hwcltjn

I dont have another provider to check. Our current system is through comcast which we are working on getting rid of.

The firewall checker in 3cx is all green with no problems and the outbound calls which use the same ports are working so I dont think it is the firewall causing a problem.

14. DtotheAmbrose

Removed

#14 DtotheAmbrose, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  15. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The previous screenshot was deleted as it contains phone numbers and public IP's which should not be in display on public forums. Please remove it as it does not contain enough information to help us troubleshoot the issue and it is putting you at risk.
    If you would like you can send me the wireshark capture in a private message so i can take a look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.