• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

inbound call display issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvanosch

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just testing out 3cx server. Seem to have everything working ok, but one slight issue Im having difficulty with.
During an inbound call, call display shows "on wireless call: 123 456 7890". I'd like it to show simply the incoming number and not all the extra information. How do I modify the caller ID information for incoming calls to remove this ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

While some gateways are able to modify caller ID (i'm not certain that they can remove just the name), most just "pass along" whatever information comes in. If you want all name infornmation removed fromCcaller ID, then you would have to spaek to your provider about that. If you wish to modify the name information, for a few specific numbers, you can add those to the 3CX phonebook along with a replacement name.

All Caller ID information can be removed by changing the gateway Caller ID method to that of a counrty that uses a differeent system, or shortening the PSTN answer time to 1 second (in North America). the call will then be passed to 3CX before caller information is collected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.