• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Inbound call fails: 5 trunks with different telephone numbers and one registrar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voipist

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
I have 5 trunks with different telephone numbers at a provider. All trunks use the same registrar. I can only use the first trunk in the list. For all others, I get the infomation that the number is unreachable. In the 3CX call log, the destination is N / A. Can someone help here

You have just said trunks. I am going to assume these are SIP trunks as you are using a registrar and not FXO/ISDN via a gateway?

Are you splitting these DID numbers into different trunks or using them all on the same trunk?

Have you confirmed with your provider that they are all live? You may have a console you can login to and check.

Hello @Voipist

Are you using a supported provider? If so then who? You may be experiencing source identification issues since all trunks have the same registrar and might need to enable source identification under inbound parameters of all trunks to get this working. You will need to enable both "Call source Identification" and the option "Use both "Source Identification" rules and "Caller Number/Name" field mappings (Note: Disables catch all routing capability)"

What you will use in the Call source Identification though depends on what the provider sends in his Invite message and what we can use to identify the call. The DID's need to be unique however.

Reactions: Voipist
Hello @YiannisH_3CX

We configured following inbound parameters:

"Request Line URI: User Part" und "AuthID authenitication"

and we activated

"Use both "Source Identification" rules and "Caller Number/Name" field mappings (Note: Disables catch all routing capability)"

Now everything is fine .

Thank you for the help!!!

Glad to see the issue has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.