Solved Inbound call fails: 5 trunks with different telephone numbers and one registrar

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Voipist, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voipist

I have 5 trunks with different telephone numbers at a provider. All trunks use the same registrar. I can only use the first trunk in the list. For all others, I get the infomation that the number is unreachable. In the 3CX call log, the destination is N / A. Can someone help here

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

You have just said trunks. I am going to assume these are SIP trunks as you are using a registrar and not FXO/ISDN via a gateway?

Are you splitting these DID numbers into different trunks or using them all on the same trunk?

Have you confirmed with your provider that they are all live? You may have a console you can login to and check.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Voipist

Are you using a supported provider? If so then who? You may be experiencing source identification issues since all trunks have the same registrar and might need to enable source identification under inbound parameters of all trunks to get this working. You will need to enable both "Call source Identification" and the option "Use both "Source Identification" rules and "Caller Number/Name" field mappings (Note: Disables catch all routing capability)"

What you will use in the Call source Identification though depends on what the provider sends in his Invite message and what we can use to identify the call. The DID's need to be unique however.

Voipist likes this.
  4. Voipist

Hello @YiannisH_3CX

We configured following inbound parameters:

"Request Line URI: User Part" und "AuthID authenitication"

and we activated

"Use both "Source Identification" rules and "Caller Number/Name" field mappings (Note: Disables catch all routing capability)"

Now everything is fine .

Thank you for the help!!!

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.