Inbound Call issues at night

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sheps, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheps

Howdy,

I am experiencing some weird messages in our 3CX log when the system is outside of office hours. The system appears to be attempting to send any incoming calls to Extension 98(fake operator extension) instead of ending the call as I have specified in the inbound port setting.

We are using 3CX 11, with a Grandstream 4108 connected to 5 analog lines.

The Grandstream's ports are set to Forward to a Ring Group during the day and to drop the call at night as we are using our old Nortel for our After Hours Call Escalation until we have something working for the 3CX.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any ideas as to what could be causing it? I have attached the relavant section of the PBX logs to give a little more information. Ignore the unknown caller id as the Nortel picks up before the Caller ID can be read by the Grandstream.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This would seem to indicate that there is a rule, that you might be overlooking.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Maybe on the trunk - the settings for inbound calls -
    VOIP/PSTN Gateway/Gateway Name/Virtual Extension ->
    There is "Office Hours" then just below that is "Apple the same routing logic outside of office hours"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sheps

The End call is set on the trunk itself for out of office hours, not on anything else.

There was a port with the same port ID before and I am wondering if something got hung up in there. Is there a raw file where I can check for rules or do I have to dig into the database?

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Rather than dig around, perhaps you can change the rule to something entirely different for a few minutes and then change the clock and stop and restart the 3cx services and see what happens. If all, is well, then try changing back to your desired settings and test again. If that works, then simply change the clock and stop and restart services again.....to be on the safe side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.