Inbound Call management on free version

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sam71, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam71

Hi all,

First post on here as I am just looking into 3CX for a customer of ours who currently use Elastix!

There is only ever have a max of four people in the office, sometimes none! Inbound calls are via a single PSTN line (don't get that many calls) and outbound calls go via VSP!

My quwstion is that since the free version doesn't have the ring group function enabled how are inbound calls managed? Is an inbound trunk (if that is what they are called in 3CX) assigned to one extension? Or is there a way to have other phones ringing with the one inbound trunk?

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

The free version of 3CX v.11 will not support ring-groups. What you are describing does require a ring group associated with the incoming trunk ID of the 3CX system. If you want to implement this, you can either download and implement 3CX version 10 (as the free edition of that will support ring-groups), or demo-license the version 11 3CX.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/help/3cx-downloads/

You'll see a version 11 demo key associated with the download links on the 3CX website - but be aware that while enabling all 3CX features, it will restrict you to 2 simultaneous calls.

I would however, strongly urge you to contact your local 3CX reseller and purchase that 4SC license.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sam71

Thanks for your reply!

I would doubt very much that they would be using more than two lines at a time (only one inbound anyways) but if it bacame an issue would just upgrade to full version!

How long does the demo with 2 calls last for or is it not time locked?

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

it`s not time locked

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

As stated, there is no pre-defined time period, but 3CX may review and determine that a sufficient demo period has occured and elect to disable. From what I have seen, they have been quite generous in allowing ample time, but they are in the business of selling software, so at some point they are forced to revoke the then current demo keys in order to get some folks to make a decision - buy or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.