Inbound Call - Redial, ring group and missed call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bonh, Aug 2, 2007.

1. bonh

Hello,

First thanks for your product. It's a very useful system that we are currently implemeting in our company.
    We almost configure all the features we wanted but before telling you my problems I will describe our network :

PSTN ------ Patton4634 ------ 3CX ------- (IPPhones Thomson ST2030)

We're using a Patton4634 as the SIP Gateway for PSTN and Thomson ST2030 for IP phones.

We are facing currently to 2 problems :

1) For incoming calls from PSTN, the call number shown on the IP Phone indicates a call from the patton not from the 3CX :
    This implies a problem : when we redial the number, the call doesn't go to 3CX, it goes directly to the Patton. Hence, the redial call doesn't appear in the call reports of 3CX.
    Actually, we'd like the call number to come from the 3CX.
    We captured the packets on the network and it seems that 3CX is the one which inserts the IP and port of the Patton in the URI of the From part.
    Maybe you can tell me how to resolve this first problem ? I seek in the forum but don't find any answers.

2) We also create a ring group with extension 500 and the "Ring all" feature. I don't know whether it's possible but we'd like not to leave a missed call on the phones which have not picked up the "ring group call".
    An alternative to this functionnality could be for us to give the possibility to the phones to see whether the line 500 is ringing. Can we do that with 3CX ?

Thanks in advance for your help ! :)

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

1) Currently it's not possible to change host:port of the From field. But you may try to specify IP of 3CX PBX as Outbound proxy for phone. Than it should send all requests to 3CX, not to source IP.
    I took your request into account and will try to change that behaviour in version 4.

2) No, we can not prohibit phone to store missed calls details. But probably you can disable it from phone settings somehow.
    Re alternative - you're calling TO ring group, not from it. So there's no way to explain a phone that a call is actually addressed to a group.
    Anyway, I'm going to improve that in version 4 too.

3. bonh

Thanks for your reply. It works with outbound proxy.